“ok source”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Flaming Dragon - CLOSED

Flaming Dragon
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: Flaming Dragon offers a unique 'East meets West' dining experience with a diverse selection of Asian, Oriental and Western dishes to suit all tastes.
“ok source”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

we have been midweek when it is cheaper for wrinklys like us, and have found it is better to go at weekends when you pay a bit more but there is more choice, food served on a warming tray tends to be cooler than straight from the kitchen, children have access and could touch very hot trays. the staff we found were polite and hard working. if you go early it is quieter and a much more relaxed experience. we would go again but at a time planned beforehand. tip, put small portions on plate and return for more a couple of times, this tends to keep the food warmer longer.

3 Thank len971

“Cheap for a reason!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate here at 4 on a Sunday afternoon after a trip to the cinema with family.

There was a limited choice of food. Much was deep fried, pasty, greasy and tepid. Poor vegetarian choices and low vegetable content. The salad looked like it had been there for days. Ridiculously warm, dark and dingy.

The soft drinks were bad tasting post-mix, lager and wine were OK. Service was reasonably quick. Nice to see toffee fruits, but they weren't well cooked.

At £7.50, it still didn't feel like value for money and the small children with us did not eat £3.50 worth of food. Glad we weren't eating an hour later when I would have cost £12, perhaps we suffered from being there just before the change over to the evening buffet. Still, if they are open, they should be serving quality food.

Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Truly awful.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I can't believe just how horrid this was. The choice was poor, the temperature warm (food and restaurant, neither of which is good) and the standard atrocious!

The restaurant is not well looked after, the tables were dirty and the floor filthy. If you like bland beige food you'll be ok- chips, rice, noodles (dry and stuck together), prawn crackers and popadoms a plenty but little in the way of vegetables. As a vegetarian this made for an even worse experience.

Apart from the items above there wasn't much for me to eat- some sliced cucumber in a minimal amount of sauce and lots of onions with the occasional piece of carrot in a brown sauce (a description I would use loosely). The soup looked (& tasted I imagine) like wallpaper paste. When I challenged them on the lack of vegetarian food and asked for a reduction in the bill due to the lack of food, I was told that vegetarians normally tell the staff so they can cook something for them but this is not advertised and the staff certainly don't explain this. The staff were not at all willing to assist and in fact just argued with me rather than apologised.

Half a pint of rola cola cost £1.90, J2O £2.40 and a pint was £3.90. The kind waiter served all the drinks at the children's end of the table expecting them to pass a pint down to the adults (aged 2 and 4) so not the brightest and most attentive staff on this earth!

All you can eat banquets can be hit and miss but this is definitely a miss. I assured the waitress who argued with me that I certainly wouldn't go back and would tell everybody I know not to go. There are far better places to eat in Bury, without doubt.

1 Thank Bryony M
Clitheroe, England, United Kingdom
“Horrible food”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Came here for midweek cheap lunch. The restaurant was really dark which might have been to disguise how bad the food looked. Soup, pancakes and starters weren't too bad but anything deep fried was almost inedible, soft gummy batter and whatever was inside was anyones guess. Was looking foward to icecream and banana fritter for pud, but probably due to the fritters being in a dish next to deep fried fish I ended up with one banana and iceceam and then bit into fish and icecream! To cap it off the waiter had moved the mints on the counter out of sight as we were going to pay so couldn't even take the taste away with a mint! Also drinks were expensive so feel like we've overpaid for a really poor meal

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I visited flaming dragon with my friend last week, we were stood waiting to be seated for 10 minutes while the waiters talked amongst themselves. Once led to our seats we were placed in a dark corner next to a wall, of which had food splattered all up it, in a near empty Resturant! We were made to feel very uncomfortable being forced to pay first before we could even leave our seats! When we finally got to eat, it was cold and near tasteless! Never ever will I go again!

• Visited May 2013