“WILL IT BE THIS GOOD EVERY TIME ?”
Review of Waterfold Farm Pub

Waterfold Farm Pub
Ranked #174 of 391 Restaurants in Bury
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and two friends decided to go out for a "carvery" in the Bury Area on Monday July 14th. I was going to recommend the Toby Carvery at Greenmount, but our fiends said Waterfold Farm was really good and that they'd visited many times and never had a bad meal. Unlike the Toby, Waterfold Farm offers a more extensive menu, rather than just the carvery, however having decided to take a look first what was on offer, I confirmed the carvery looked fabulous and at £6.35, (a little more expensive at weekends), my wife and I decided to go for it. One of the first things to notice was that the plates were actually hot. Seems so obvious doesn't it ? But so many eateries, so often, don't get this bit right or they don't feel it's important - basically, if you don't start with warm/hot plates, then unless you throw your food down your neck, then, that same food will be pretty well cold towards the end of your meal.To compliment the hot plates, the food was also nice and hot, without that infamous "dried out" look that is so commonplace with carveries. The turkey and beef were succulent and flavorsome, there was an extensive choice of well seasoned vegetables, that didn't look like they'd sat there for hours. All in all, a really good experience. To sum up, the food was very good, it was super value, there was a nice, yet busy, atmosphere and whilst there wasn't that much interaction with staff, everyone appeared friendly. The Waterfold Farm definitely outshines any of the Toby Carveries that we've encountered so far, however the true test for any restaurant is not a "one off hit," but more importantly how it consistently performs, time and time again. We'll have to wait and see, but definitely look forward to another visit.

There are newer reviews for Waterfold Farm Pub

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We ate out here one night whilst staying at the hotel opposite. It is very cheap with lots of choice, however it is a pile it high don't worry too much about the quality. If you want some decent chips and deep fried food it is great otherwise go elsewhere.

1  Thank katie66Uk
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Can't understand - why no responses to reviews? I would have thought the management would have something to say for all the poor comments? Or do they accept that the place is full of moron and miserable staff?

2  Thank Roy W
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have visited this pub on numerous occasions and always had the carvery.Its good value for money ,lots of meat and very good choice of vegetables.There is now also a salad bar but it doesnt look too exciting!However after lots of good carveries last week I decided to have a jacket potato with prawns. The potato looked and tasted like it had been cooked the day before.I didn't make a fuss especially when I noticed my friends potato looked ok and not all brown inside like mine.I had recommended the pub to him and felt embarrassed. Oh well, my advice is stick to the carvery.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

the food was lovely quick and hot 2 happy young children the service could be a little better but it is a big place lovely deserts too all round I would go again