“Little Gem of a place”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Great spot in the centre of Bury, when the sun's put they open the glass doors and can sit alfresco in decent solid and comfortable chairs not flimsy rubbish! Really friendly staff, great service and foods wonderful too. Reasonably priced, good variety. After going to a well known restaurant for years but finding it gets ridiculously busy and cramped this is a new fave. :)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Called into Barista today with my 2yr old for a spot of lunch. The owner Vicky, was really child friendly & catered for our very need, making it a completely stress-free visit. We had the kid's pasta Napoli with salad & toasted mini ciabatta slices - which my little boy wolfed down - the sauce was really tasty. I had the special - pesto pasta salad with bell peppers & warm caramelised strips of chorizo which amazing. Having also been to the monthly bistro evenings - I would highly recommend Barista to couple & families alike.

1  Thank Red-Leather-Elephant
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked a table at Barista for valentines day. The welcome cocktail was delicious and evenings menu had me torn between the deconstructed beef Wellington or the cod with asparagus and bubble and squeak. I eventually opted for the breaded Brie to start, followed by the beef, both dishes were delicious and well portioned. We also enjoyed a bottle of cava and a cosmo or two!!!!
The live music was fab and really added to the evenings atmosphere. The service was good even though every seat in the place was full and the room was filled with people enjoying themselves.
Well done barista. I'll be back!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Never been to this cafe before in Bury the staff were very good and the food was excellent I only had a cheese and caramelised red onion but it was delicious and it was one of the tastiest sandwiches I have ever had I will be going again

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Went as a party of 9. Tried to book and take advantage of the 10% off offer but the mobile number is apparently to the owner who wasnt working! Staff unhappy when i requested a table and seemed irritated when I explained I had tried to book! Food average, cold poached egg. Staff put out that we wanted to be served and not especially pleasant. Really disappointed after coming with such high hopes having read the other reviews. An off day perhaps, but enough for me to think it isnt somewhere I would recommend or frequent.