“Worth going back every time”
Review of Swan & Cemetery

Swan & Cemetery
Ranked #68 of 413 Restaurants in Bury
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We keep coming back here for a couple of drinks on a regular basis but this was the first time we tried their food. And it was worth it! Very nice choice from the specials menu, outdoor seating and friendly service as ever. I like the atmosphere and the view is nice as well. The best place to sit is outside, at the back, on the corner close to the fence and the trees. I'm absolutely going to have another meal here in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have passed the pub on several occasions travelling into and out of Bury. Last Wednesday 3 July on our way home from Bury market my wife and I decided to stop for a bite to eat.

My wife had a special fish finger sandwich and I had a Prawn and Crayfish Jacket potato with an extra helping a Tuna.

We had to wait about 20 minutes before our meal arrived but it was busy, so we didn't mind the wait. The food was excellent, the staff and landlord where very friendly,
I will be calling again and can highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Firstly i don't know the owner and i'm not a regular - i've only been in twice and we'd decided to eat there as we'd had a busy day and were enjoying a few drinks in the sun, we got in early so it was quiet and our food was served promptly. I had a starter of stuffed squid and monkfish for main, my partner had the chicken with a mushroom sauce, and for desserts we had the Eton mess. It was all really nice, we'd sat outside and enjoyed the nice weather with our meal, all in all it was very pleasant! My only minor complaint was there wasn't enough vegetables served with the main course but i suppose that left room for dessert - i mentioned this minor point to the waitress and she said she'd let the chef know, all very good natured and none of the animosity with the staff that others have reported.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Being a lovely summers day, we decided to chose a place recommended with a beer garden to eat. The non-smoking table offered with an umbrella for kids was next to the smokers on the other side, so we moved to a table that was directly in the sun with no umbrella so we asked to eat inside, Inside the building they said the restaurant was full so you can eat in the pub only if you pay first. So we went along with everything, the bar staff seemed in a mood when I tried to buy drinks and was ignored for a considerable time. Everything was passable until the food came, the sunday roast was tasteless and my husband and children's food was burnt to a crisp. I just wish I had taken pictures. My husband nearly chipped a tooth on the bread of the Cajun Sandwich, which, he discarded both sides and just ate the chicken. Nobody checked were we ok, the staff must not be able to venture outside the restaurant part, but at £8.95 for a chicken sandwich was restaurant prices and should have some form of service. Everyone had to eat another meal on our return home as most of the food was left. The management need to know these issues to improve a place that has real potential, we would have mentioned to the service staff who sat us down but after a long wait we just wanted to leave, if the service staff who collected the plates cared a little they will show the chef and the management what wasn't eaten and maybe they can figure out why.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had a delicious meal here this afternoon, think the food here has improved massively over the past few months ?new chef or just the new menu.
Service and environment excellent-5* Landlord has really made an impact with hedging and hanging baskets, area really well maintained and attractive.
Only issue was the smoking area, this afternoon it was being utilised as a play area by 8 children between the ages of about 4 & 11 running riot with no parental guidance and no interventions by staff, (except when one of the parents joined them to have a cig) As a smoker I will not light up in the presence of children so would not go in there instead smoking at my table in the farthest corner of the outside dining area which I was advised was not allowed, fair enough but please could the smoking area be an adult only area???