“Nice wholesome food”

Park Farm Shop and Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 5 Shopping in Bury
More attraction details
Owner description: TEASHOP The family-run tearoom at Park Farm Shop and Tearoom offers a pleasant all-day breakfast, along with a varied selection of cakes, scones and sandwiches throughout the day. Our peaceful venue is an equally popular location for business lunches as well as for workmen - with wellington boots as acceptable in our dress code as a tie and suit! From our farm. We produce our own dairy products for delivery and for sale in our farm shop along with other locally sourced fresh fruit and vegetables, meats, cheese, juice, jam and chutney. We also stock a selection of fresh local meats, sausages and an especially broad choice of cuts of lamb - all supplied by butchers J & R Holt of Helmshore. Gift Shop. At our gift shop, we aim to offer gifts and greetings cards that will suit a variety of different tastes. These items range from hand crafted decorative pieces to traditional and farm themed toys and games. The Garden Centre, you'll discover a wealth of great ideas for your garden and patio areas, as well beautiful indoor plants, in our well-stocked garden centre.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

been going here for over 20yrs on & off. Lots of snacky foods..baked potatoes, sandwiches toasties etc. Plus some main course meals. Their desserts are lovely. Service always good. The shop downstairs is full of goodies, in-house baked breads, cakes & meals plus fresh veg. & fruit. & nice gifts. There is also a Garden Centre which began many years ago by their late father a cheery farmer. the cafe is run by the family of sisters, nieces & others.

All reviews
"pie"
in 6 reviews
"vegetable soup"
in 3 reviews
"this family run business"
"baked goods"
in 4 reviews
"tearoom"
"cafe"

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Park Farm is rightly famous not just locally, but nationally after the ladies who run it won Gordon Ramsay’s F Word Challenge. The tea rooms are located upstairs (you can drive round the back for level floor disabled access) while the farm shop is downstairs. All the food is excellent, as you would expect, but the highlights for me are the cakes and pies. Their reputation is well deserved with the cheesecake and to-die-for cheese and onion pie particular favourites.

If want to see what it takes to win the F Word and want some real homemade food, visit here.

1  Thank TysontheBeerhound
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We used Park Farm as caterers at our daughters wedding 3rd August 2013 . I can honestly say that they made the day. The food was amazing. It was of top hotel standard. We had a hot and cold buffet which they served. The guests couldn't believe the choices and the fact that they could go and get seconds if they wanted which they did. Which gave them the chance to try other options. The whole marquee was buzzing with talk of how delicious the food was.

When we first met and told them of our idea of a marquee wedding at home they helped us to the best of their ability and beyond.
They organised the table cloths, cutlery , glasses, crockery etc. which were of top quality. They thought of everything. They set and laid all tables which being the mother of the bride was a great help to me and giving me the confidence to help our special day run smoothly.
They were very discreet on serving the food and organised. We ran a free bar and they organised that for us too. And even greeted guests on arrival with champagne.

I would highly recommend Park Farm for any outside catering.

1  Thank hilaryBolton
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Park Farm is made up of a friendly and very professional bunch. I got married on 3rd August and both my husband and I were filled with confidence since we first met the team. They organised all of the glasses, table cloths etc and they set the tables at our marquee wedding. We provided a free bar and the catering staff served welcome drinks to guests and also ran the bar.
The food was excellent. They really know what they're doing. We served hot beef bourginon and fish pie, which our guests devoured. We also had a cold meat buffet. We had non stop comments about the food and the comments are still coming in. The desserts were a selection of what they do best and they were fantastic. I was surprised at how excited people got at Whinberry pie and cheesecake but guests loved it. The bacon butties in the evening lasted seconds! I smelt them but didn't see them!
The girls have a lovely way about them and you can tell from the questions that they ask that they are perfectionists. They wanted to check the venue for facilities to make sure everything would go smoothly- months before the event.
They are very flexible and understood I didn't want to pay at fortune for the wedding. They went over all of the options and it came out ten times better than expected. I really can say that their helpfulness, professionalism, advice and overall amazing food made our wedding day into the perfect day that it was. We loved it and we love everyone at Park Farm. We are now thinking of the next party we can have!
The tea rooms are a very traditional farm house style, with great cakes, which we have to sample every time we visit! I must add that the tea rooms may get busier than before as all of our wedding guests are asking for directions!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We called in for Sunday lunch yesterday on the way back home from a weekend away. We have had milkshakes and cake before and it seemed a good idea to have lunch. I don't know if it was the heat but as we entered it just smelt old, very old. It was then that I noticed that the carpet was very faded and the whole appearance is very dated and 1970s.

The food was OK, the roast potato was not crispy though and the boiled potatoes were all stuck together as one and bland as were the carrots. The beef was turned at one edge and not that enjoyable to be honest. I ordered a water and felt quite ripped off at £1.80 for a small plastic bottle. This seemed all the worse having just paid for a litre bottle at £3 in a 5 start hotel in London.

Very sad