Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel
$269
$260
$236
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
1,097 results
All reviewstown centrecar parkeast lancs railwaytram lineq parkmetrolink stationmeal dealper dayblack puddinggood nights sleepall you can eatcomfortable roomsbudget hotelfantastic staymember of staffcentral locationfamily room
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great hotel to stay in. Excellent room overlooking Metro station. No noise from trams.
Room was spotless and was very comfortable in every way.
Hotel in great position for town centre.
The staff were great and very helpful.
There is a really good bar with good draught beer.
Hotel restaurant was excellent with a meal deal on offer which saved us £8.00p on cost of meal including 2 pints of very good beer.
Indoor secure car parking next to hotel which costs £6.00p for 24hr parking with £1.00p off if you are staying at hotel on production of parking ticket at checkout reception.
The hotel can be cheaper by selecting the Premier Inn lower tarrif via websight booking.
Overall this is an excellent hotel with 1st class facilities and i would recommend it strongly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah M, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Hi KEVIN M, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback; it is always nice to be able to pass positive comments onto the team. It sound’s like you had a great experience in our Thyme restaurant, which has just launched a great new menu with the same great value but even more choice. We hope to see you again soon to give it a try.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Good central location. Rooms and service were good and despite being next to the Metrolink station, the noise from the tram was not noticeable in the rooms we had facing into the courtyard above the entrance.

Only real minus was that the car parking is not free although Premier Inn do give youa £1 discount.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hi Paul l, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay. I am delighted that our central location was a benefit to you. We hope to welcome you back if you are visiting Bury again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Having stayed in a number of Premier Inns over the past few years, I found this one to not quite live up to my expectations for such a new hotel. The lack of free parking is well documented and I could understand it in the middle of a major city, but this is Bury. At least for £5 the parking was covered and secure.

We checked in using one of the Quick Check-In machines as the receptionist was on the phone. We then took the lift to the third floor where we found that neither of our room keycards worked. I then went back down to reception where I found the receptionist had disappeared. I was then stood there for 10 minutes until she reappeared and could fix the keycard problem. I wasn't happy with this after a long drive and it made a mockery of the so-called 'Quick and Easy' check-in machines.

The room seemed smaller than in many other Premier Inns, although it was clean and comfortable. I was surprised to find only one hand towel supplied and we had to request another one from reception. Apparently this is now the norm and to me suggests an element of cheapness on the part of Premier Inn.

We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel and the service here was excellent and efficient. I was surprised to find the same staff on in the morning as were working late the previous night. I used the free 30 minutes wifi which was sufficient, but it really is about time they moved to fully free wifi.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Stu UK, thank you for leaving your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed both your morning and evening dining experience with us and will pass this feedback onto the team. I’m sorry to hear that our quick and easy check in system wasn’t working fully and will look into this immediately.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Premier Inn Bury several times since it opened. Each stay has been perfect and faultless.

This trip I was in a family room (324) at the end of the building. These rooms seem even bigger than the already spacious standard rooms. In the English heatwave the air conditioning was a massive bonus - much better than some other 'budget' hotels who don't provide any.

The hotel is located right next to the Bury Interchange and a very short walk from the centre of Bury. The location means that the Metrolink to Manchester is only 2 minutes from the front door of the hotel and with trams every 12 minutes you can be in the city centre with little waiting.

Despite being so close to the public transport and town centre the noise really isn't an issue. The hotel is build around other buildings meaning the noise is next to nothing. Rooms facing out onto the tram tracks aren't really an issue either as the rooms are well sound proofed.

The staff are first class and are always helpful if you have a query. Nothing seems like too much trouble. The hotel bar is open until about 12 meaning it's good for an evening drink if you are a late arrival.

If you're looking for somewhere close to Manchester without the city centre price tag then this is the hotel for you!

I am looking forward to my next visit already!

Room Tip: Brilliant hotel - rooms at the end of each floor seem to have even more space!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stuart M

Hi Stuart M, Thank you for your delightful feedback, I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team. I am more than happy to hear that you describe your time at Bury Premier Inn as ‘consistently perfect’. We are always willing to accommodate room requests, so do ensure to give us a call before your next booking to guarantee a room at the end.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Good location and facilities, not too noisy. Staff are friendly, could have had more on check out but they were great on check in. didnt try thyme restaurant and costa coffee but would do if had time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Alison P, Thanks for leaving your feedback. I’m glad that Premier Inn Bury met the requirements of your stay and hopefully we will be welcoming you back soon. Unfortunately you didn’t get to try our Thyme restaurant but maybe next ‘thyme’.