“Thoroughly enjoyable and very interesting!”

The Fusilier Museum
Ranked #4 of 33 things to do in Bury
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Thoroughly enjoyable and very interesting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We enjoyed a good couple of hours walking round the museum. We were lucky to have the benefit of a tour guide, whose stories and knowledge made the whole experience most enjoyable. It is a real gem of a find and clearly the people who maintain and run the museum are passionate about the museum, and this shows, it is very well set up for visits by children, with quizzes to complete on the way round. It is amazing just how much is included here, I can thoroughly recommend to all, you will not be disappointed. To top off your visit, there is a cafe, which serves fantastic fresh food. I had one of the daily homemade cakes, which was so delicious I asked for the recipe! (and got it....thank you!!). Enjoy your visit through the history of the Fusiliers!

Visited November 2011

Rossett, Wales, United Kingdom
“Great food in a relaxing environment - well worth a visit!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I visited the cafe after being tempted in by the tantalising menu! After confiding with the lovely staff on what I should go for, I decided on a filled to the brim baked potatoe with a very healthy helping of tasty salad. Not only was the food great but I was really drawn to how relaxed the atmosphere was as I sat back sipping my coffee and read my book.

lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“fresh and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

i had baked potato which was lovely tasty and plenty, salad was fresh fresh fruit was spot on and service was excellent and friendly

manchester
“Great staff, fab coffee, friendly atmos, very welcoming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

We went with our two little 'uns, asged 4 and 18months and enjoyed a very (suprisingly, with two little monkey's) relaxing coffee and yummy cake, The staff were really friendly and accomodating with the kids and even made them mini-chinnos. THe seating was great as we managed to get a corner to park our massive buggy in and decent sofa for th ekids to spread out on and play with their toys. Highly recommend the caf adn staff to all. THank you x

Visited February 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Quality shines throughout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

This museum is fascinating, the attention to detail is fantastic and the staff are very welcoming and very knowledgable. I particularly liked the fact that children can get involved in the museum and can try on uniforms and do arts and crafts. The jewel in the crown must be the lovely upstairs cafe - Delicious - it is indeed delicious and the range of sandwiches and beautiful scones are second to none!
Keep up the good work!