“Superb fish and chips”

Bury
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb fish and chips”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent service by pleasant and helpful waitress (Kerry) Enormous portion of very tasty haddock, chips,peas. Partner equally enthusiastic about cod and chips. Delicious gateau to take home for later. Definitely going again. Sensible prices and generous portions.

• Visited August 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great fish & chips are back”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stopped going to Metro a while back as the new owners seemed to be serving frozen fish and chips, after reading some reviews on here I decided to give it another go and boy am I glad I did. Whoever owns it now have brought back great fish and chips. The chips were not soggy at all and the fish had a lovely crispy batter and could only be described as the size of a shark. The mushy peas were also just right. Great value for money. The waitress was full of life and genuinely seemed to care about making us have a pleasant experience. If you are a lost customer or just passing through the area I would definitely give Metro a try. I will certainly be returning.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rob P
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
“Always good value and top notch food!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the best fish and chips restaurant in Greater Manchester!

Have visited again this afternoon, and 2 excellent main meals with sides and drinks came to just over 15 pounds... Excellent food, and fantastic value...

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hi

Driven past this all the time and finally popped in, I was actually listening to "I'm a working man from Lancashire and I want a chippy tea"

Certainly didn't disappoint! Huge portions!

Fish was a little bit greasy but I was satisfied...

I would recommended this place!

• Visited June 2013
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“First class fish and chips”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stopped off here on our way home with my wife and father in law after a days driving in the Peak District. My father in law had been a few tines before and had recommended we try it.
It is cafeteria style, rather than a restaurant, but was quite busy for a Sunday tea time so it is obviously popular. The service was very efficient and our fish and chips were piping hot when they arrived, which is always a good thing. The fish was of a really good quality and the chips were real proper chips and not soggy. I had the "giant" size, which at £10.95, was not the cheapest but it certainly lived up to its giant description, it really was a good size so represented great value for money. This place is well worth the visit if you are in the area and like good fish and chips. The interior is a bit basic but the food and the service more than make up for it.

• Visited June 2013