“Enjoy the Quirkiness!”
Review of Bluebell Farm

Bluebell Farm
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a flying overnight stay at the Bluebell Farm and thoroughly enjoyed our stopover. It was an unexpected stop on the way to Plymouth and the owner had very kindly stayed up late to welcome us even though she had a busy weekend ahead thanks to the local blues festival and a stable full of horses and a dog bed full of puppies. They were also quite happy for us to use the large lounge to sit and have a quiet drink in before we went to bed.
Our rooms were absolutely fine and we were in the room with the shower in the wardrobe and I have to say the quirkiness was enjoyable. Life would be very dull if everywhere you went was the same as the premier or travel inn. Beds were clean and well ironed - i should know as I iron everything - including pants - and all the facilities including tea and coffee were spot on. Breakfast was excellent and served in the lovely large lounge/dining room by 'Mr Bluebell Farm' who was as quirky as the wardrobe shower room and again just added to the pleasure of the stay. We were also able to watch the horses being put out into the fields while we ate our breakfast and it made a great start to the day. If you are looking for a good value 'does what it says on the tin, bed and breakfast with a pinch of quirky thrown in then you couldn't choose a better place to stay than the Bluebell.

Room Tip: Embrace the quirkiness and just relax.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is not luxury accomodation but the prices reflect this and facilites are perfectly adequate for a short stay. The lounge is very comfy and I felt quite at home having a chat there with our travel mates. I just had an overnighter & could have done with more time seeing more of their beautiful horses and we were particularly lucky as there was a litter of gorgeous jack russell puppies. The breakfast was hearty & plentiful. A very pleasant stopover for us. As for the snoring - it was no louder than my husbands!! :o)

Room Tip: read the descriptions as it is a fair representation of the accomodation.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cbelle13
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My friend and I had an overnight stay at Bluebell Farm in early June. We had tried unsuccessfully to find a twin room in a hotel in the area at a reasonable rate without success before finding this B&B on the web.
We liked the look of the barn conversion and decided to make the booking.
Our twin bedded room was very small indeed with a velux window in the roof. We were stunned when ? the owner showed us the ensuite which was in the' wardrobe ' so was tiny.
The bedding was clean but unironed and the bedside light did not work and had not been wiped clean since the previous occupants. The TV on the wall was also very small.
The location was quiet.
Our impression was that the room had been equipped as cheaply as possible.

On a more positive note we were offered a cooked breakfast which we accepted. This was very good indeed.

We would not stay at this B&B again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jill096
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

If you had read the wed page you would have seen written the rooms are on the small side,There is a picture of each room you can look at. I cannot do anything about this as the barn wae built in the18hundreds, long and narrow, so the rooms were design which the space allowed by the planners, the rooms have velex windows in ,you can look out of them, I know you could look out of them because you were telling me what you had seen,Why would you want a large tv in a bedroom?, .All rooms are equipet to reqiired standards Cleaned dayly and NOT done on the cheap.If you had switched the plug on the light would have worked.The bedding is ironed i do it myself.I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast. My advice to you is to pay another £40/50 per night you might get perfection which you require

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Nice Barn conversion approximately 2 miles outside of Upton on Trent. Close to the road, but we could not hear any traffic noise.
My wife and myself stayed here for 2 nights. We had a double room en-suite. Room and en-suite very small, but that did not bother us.
Clean accommodation, nicely decorated. Bed was very comfy (very important).
Lovely large lounge for all the guests to use.
Food was excellent.
The only criticism I have was the walls are very thin and we could hear the TV and voices from the adjoining room, together with the snoring.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Pershore
Mount Pleasant Hotel
Mount Pleasant Hotel
#9 of 10 in Great Malvern

Been to Bluebell Farm? Share your experiences!