I booked this hotel late on Friday and arrived a few hours later for a 2 night stop.
On arrival you have a well lit driceway upto the hotel.The old bit of the hotel looks lovely but the add on block does look somewhat downmarket from th outside,maybe growing some climbers up it would soften the 80's brick look.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a young girl on reception who was very helpful and cheery at about 10.30pm
The room was of a good size and was clean and tidy.Downside is that as the weather is getting colder the radiator could of done with being on for a while before we arrived as the room was very cold. The TV in our room was weirdly placed on the wall opposite the single bed which was also in our double room.This would of meant a rather weird viewing angle if you wanted to watch TV. We didn't but it was a good job because Digital TV signal is poor and we only had about 3 channels(ITV,CHANNEL4 AND 5 did not work,thankfully some would say!)Turning it to analogue resulted in no channels, Surely the hotel would be aware of this situation?As we didn't want anybody in our room while we were relaxing away for the weekend we did not raise the issue with the hotel.
We went for a late drink in the bar, which was quiet. The young lad behind the bar had a bit of a sloppy attitude.When asked if we could maybe get a bite to eat he said "well it's a bit late isn't it?" I don't know,is it? Apparantly room service is available 24hours on some food so why could it not be served in the bar?Getting a bowl to give us some crisps was a drag for him,as was going to get some ice for a Magners(He didn't offer ice because obviously he didn't want to go and get some.)On the plus side the lads behind the bar on Saturday night were much better with no issues at all.Having decided to take a shower we found that even turned as high as possible we could not face a shower that was effectively cold. The towels and general standard of the batroom was good however.We sussed the following day that if you turned the cold tap full on in the bath this would make the shower hotter,Hope they aren't metered on the water!
We didn't book for breakfast as we thought there may be a good chance we would not make it down on time (10am Sat 10.30Sun)so I cannot comment on the breakfast.Could do with running later but I understand the reasons for finishing early. Upon paying at the end of the stay we were rather shocked to see someone had the nerve to charge drinks,food and breakfast to our room! This was solved immediately by the girl on check out with no issues but the hotel must lose lots of money with what seemed like easy abuse.But it's their choice.
Overall I would of been very happy with the hotel for the price if it wasn't for the few niggles I mention,I do not like to make a fuss or complain so we just lived with them, but I do like to let others know.One thing I would say is that having read reviews on here I was impressed with the fact that the manager responds to lots of feedback on here so clearly takes note, which is a refreshing change.I have no doubt if we had complained about the few niggles they would of done their best to remedy them.
With the use of the leisure complex available to I would say £61 per night room only was just about right,I wouldn't want to pay anymore.
Is it 4*? I would say not but at that price I didn't expect much more than I got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with such a lot to offer the business, leisure and wedding guest. There is a lot of history attached to our Victorian stately home in the heart of Worcestershire. Set within 23 acres of wonderful grounds, the Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor is located 10 minutes from the M5 motorway and has plenty of on-site parking. Along with 72 comfortable bedrooms including family bedrooms, the hotel has lots of great facilities including a brasserie, a bar and lounge now showing BT Sport, a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa bath, gym, tennis courts, squash courts and foot golf. The hotel is a stylish wedding venue with capacity for 220 guests, which also has nine meeting rooms with capacity for up to 350 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Stourport Manor Hotel Stourport On Severn
- Menzies Stourport Manor On Severn
- Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor Stourport On Severn, England