“Best Yet!”

Reviewed March 10, 2006

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank Rachel B

Reviewed February 22, 2006

after having read some of the terrible reviews this place gets ,we almost cancelled our stay,im glad we didnt.yes the review about the hotel having a 70S block attatched to the main hotel is true ,but the rooms are clean and comfortable.we found the staff to be friendly and would do all they could to make our stay a happy one.the food in the restaurant is good ,although choices can be a bit limited .service was a bit slow at times,but no worse than some hotels weve stayed at.if you can get a decent rate ,then id reccomend give the manor a try we paid £85 a night for dinner bed and breakfast ,which i thought very reasonable.ive stayed at some of the very best hotels around the world and no this doesnt compare ,but then again its not trying too or charging £400 a night for a room .i wonder what some reviwers expect when they book a hotel ? id be more than happy to stay there again ,the health club was nice too ,clean and everything works .yes it can get busy ,and the no pool isnt olympic size ,but come on guys what do u want ?

• Stayed: February 2005
Price
Reviewed February 1, 2006

Well what can I say? This hotel was dreadful beyond comparison. The staff were rude, and the so- called managment even ruder. In the restaurant, I could hear all sorts of shouting coming from presumably the kitchen staff. The staff were mostly scruffy, and a young blonde lady who served me had her hair trailing in the vegetables! It's not the staff's fault however, that they are made to wear a uniform which is more suited to a low rent bistro than a 4 star hotel. Where are the waistcoats? Only the bar staff were wearing them and this showed poor consistency. The rooms were adequate, however, on more or less than you would get in a traveodge at half the price or less. The chambermaids, however, looked like extras from the film "Dawn of the dead". The receptionist was rude, a stocky blonde girl who could barely crack a smile! All in all a truly dreadful hotel which should either be refurbished or demolished.

Stayed: January 2006
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 21, 2006

Having read the reviews of the above hotel myself and my partner wer contemplating cancelling our break there but thank goodness we didnt for we would have missed out on a superb weekend. all of the staff were friendly and efficent and we were given a very warm welcome on check in as we were celebrating my partners birthday they did everything in their power to make the stay as wonderful as possible and upgraded us to a suite free of charge as for the location of the hotel is is within easy reach of the m5 and set in a quiet location not too near the main road which was nice and we took a pleasent walk into the town centre which wasnt to far away. also i have to compliment the food which was amazing and totallt the standard that you would expect from a 4 star hotel so to anyone who is thinking of going there do not let those reviews put you off see for yourself and i can guarantee an enjoyable stay we certainly did.

• Stayed: January 2006
Worester
Reviewed January 21, 2006

My husband secretly booked a weekend at the hotel as a birthday treat for me. By devious means I ascertained the venue and then read the negatvie reviws - I was devastated and dreading the weekend as I knew how much care and attention he would have put in in organising such a treat.
However, how wrong can reviews be!!! We arrived on Friday afternoon and were warmly greeting by the receptionist. Our room was bright, large clean and as we found later the water was always hot - something sadly lacking in many hotels these days. We ventured down to the bar for pre dinner drinks, no problems here either! I kept thinking I had misread the previous reviews!
Dinner was excellent the choice varied.
Saturday breakfast was good, though I must admit expensive if not taken as part of an inclusive package. There was a wedding at the hotel, and while predinner drinks were a little difficult to get no major problem. Again dinner was excellent, taken totally from the table d'hout menu.
Prior to checking out I admitted to my husband my reservations following reading these reviews and now we are home and have re read the reviews we are wondering if we all stayed at the same hotel.
The staff were always efficient and friendly, the room spotless and the food good. Have experience of two other Menzies hotels and can say this is up to the company's ususal standard.
Would be very happy to stay again!

• Stayed: January 2006
Reviewed January 1, 2006

Me and my partner booked to go there for New Years Eve expecting to stay in lovely country manor set in beautiful country side with amazing facilities. However this certainly was not the case. As we arrived we aproached the 'manor' which was nothing more than a country house for the reception with what can only be described as a travell lodge stuck on the side of it. So immediately we were disappointed. Inside it looks dull and average. The Room was clean and ok but no better than a travell lodge which would be half the price. We called up before arriving to book at the restaurant for dinner and was told there was no need to book, when we got there we found it was booked for a party which only people who booked could attend, and the closest thing the place is an insutrial estate and a garage. As we went to use the 'superb leisure complex' all the grounds consisted of was a small field, car park and tennis court. The pool was tiny, all the facilities were basic and grubby and were open to the public so imagine ten families in a paddling pool. To top it all of my partmer was physicaly and verbally assaulted by a woman who had a mental health problem and was a member of the public, the staff had to remove her and call the police. By now we wanted to leave and when complained the staff were appalling at handling it they said it was a member of the public so nothing to do with them, with regards to the general standard of the hotel they claimed it was the best country manor in the area and said if we wanted a refund we would have to write to menzies and refused to do anything to compensate. We drove three and a half hours to get there on new years eve and drove all that way back after an hour of being there, thats how bad it was. Who ever said this was a four star hotel has no idea what a hotel should be like, it was far from that standard in every way. I would never go back unless you paid me and would recommend anyone thinking of going there to reconsider, you'll be very disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2005
13  Thank Cinimod1
Staffordshire
Reviewed September 28, 2005

After reading some of the comments made about the hotel I contemplated cancelling my holiday there. THANK GOODNESS I DIDN'T. It is a great place. Clean, friendly, beatiful food etc. etc. Yes, the extensions to the manor look dated but it's what's inside the walls that counts and me and my husband had a wonderfull break staying there. For all you men and women who love morgan cars go to the factory. To see the cars being made was fantastic. Cadbury's world wasn't all that good. Enjoy your stay there.

• Stayed: September 2005
#1 of 1 in Hartlebury
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor? Share your experiences!