On the whole, it was an ok stay. We were looking for a quiet evening away from the kids.
Check-in was great. Natasha was friendly and efficient. She even quickly sorted out a room change when we got to our original room, which was a bit smelly/stuffy and had a wasp flying round it.
The second room was fine - but ventilation, or lack thereof was a major issue. There was no extractor fan in the bathroom, which means all sorts of things...
We used the leisure facilities that evening before dinner and were very disappointed that the hot tub was not working. No apology whatsoever from the staff.
The MAJOR failing of this hotel was the restaurant. Never in my life have I been served by not one, but three completely incompetent staff. To be fair, one female member of staff did seem to have a clue, but her 2 colleagues overshadowed her.
Where to start? Not 2 minutes after we sat down we were asked if we were ready to order and had not even been given the wine list at that point. After ordering we were offered 2 other tables' food and drinks - despite there not being more than 10 tables at any time whilst we were there. When our food arrived, it was fine, but my husband's pork had been cooked to the same degree as his medium-rare steak and had to be sent back. When the gammon arrived it also came with a comment from the chef that it had been cooked more, but it was the colour of the food. Cheek! Other issues included bringing flat sparkling water and the male waiter replying, "I don't know what you mean." when I asked him if he could bring us some sauces for our food. He was British, as were his colleagues, so there could not have been a language barrier.
On the whole, the ridiculous service we received at dinner meant we left no tip (and we always tip 15 - 20% for good service) and ran out of there a bit miffed that our one meal away from the kids was filled with incompetence, rudeness and food that could have made us ill. Whoever trained the staff in question either needs a new job or needs to retrain them ASAP. We'd had better service in a tiny cafe with twice as many guests only earlier that day.
We slept just fine and had a much better experience in the restaurant for breakfast, with much more attentive and and competent staff.
Check-out was, again, very efficient and friendly, with Natasha behind the desk again.
The hotel isn't so bad that I'd actively discourage someone from staying there, but I most certainly wouldn't recommend it. The rooms were lacking in comfort, despite being in a newer wing to the main hotel and the whole experience just didn't say 4-star as it supposes to be - and the restaurant just ruined the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with such a lot to offer the business, leisure and wedding guest. There is a lot of history attached to our Victorian stately home in the heart of Worcestershire. Set within 23 acres of wonderful grounds, the Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor is located 10 minutes from the M5 motorway and has plenty of on-site parking. Along with 72 comfortable bedrooms including family bedrooms, the hotel has lots of great facilities including a brasserie, a bar and lounge now showing BT Sport, a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa bath, gym, tennis courts, squash courts and foot golf. The hotel is a stylish wedding venue with capacity for 220 guests, which also has nine meeting rooms with capacity for up to 350 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Stourport Manor Hotel Stourport On Severn
- Menzies Stourport Manor On Severn
- Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor Stourport On Severn, England