Review of Red Chamber

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Visited Friday evening with two friends. We booked for 19.30 quite busy so nice atmosphere. Good choice of food including set meals, which are good value. Staff Ok, not as friendly as I would have liked.
We asked if we could have the set meal for four at £19.50 each but for three. They did let us but at a extra charge of £1.50 each, I thought this was mean, there are lots of groups of three that go out to eat, not everyone is half of a couple........

• Visited April 2013

Redditch, United Kingdom
“dnt bother eating here unless you wanna wait hrs for food!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

if oyu wanna sit in a cold draft??
dont be bothered AT ALL by any staff???
If you want to wait half hour for a drink??
or over an hour for your starter/main course??
then this is the place to be!!!!!

Wouldnt bother spending money here ever again!
worse place to eat Ive ever been to!

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank karen j
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Good food, management helpful, but had to wait on food to reach table. So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being.
Quote:Franz Kafka

Visited February 2013
“Locked In!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was with the party of 20+ on Fri.1st Feb. The food was ok but the whole way through we felt we were being rushed. It was like they couldn't get us out of there fast enough.
When we wanted to order a sweet they were very unhelpful and most of us didn't get one. We weren't given any coffee cups although a waitress held a jug of coffee up to us. I told her we didn't have any cups and that was that..! We didn't get any... so no coffee!
When I got up to leave there were plenty of our party still standing at the tables chatting. I called into the ladies. I was only in there for no more than 4 minutes and was just washing my hands when the lights went out. I was plunged into total darkness.. not knowing where the door was even. After managing to get my phone out to find the door, I got back into the restaurant and was shocked to see everyone had gone.. Including ALL of the staff!
I was locked in, completely alone! I was outraged that no one had checked the toilets before locking up and leaving. Fortunately I managed to get hold of a colleague who came back. We were on the verge of calling the police when a waitress walked back to the restaurant. She didn't have a key so she directed me to the fire escape only for me to find it blocked by a long table, several chairs and a hostess trolley!!
The whole experience was unpleasant. The ok food didn't make up for the rudeness of the manager, who as soon as it appeared everyone was outside had locked up and gone into town.
You would think such a big party paying so much, they could have afforded us the time to make it more enjoyable. We won't be having our group parties there again!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Ann B
redditch
“went to this site friday 1/02/2013”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went with a party 20 + , on arrival the manager could not even welcome our party ,food was reasonable, however the service was poor, trying to get a drink from the bar proved to next to impossible, after eating, all the tables were left alone, no chance for a sweet or coffee. This place has no atmosphere the staff appear to operate under chaotic conditions. Save your money and go else where.

• Visited February 2013