“As you would expect from a budget hotel”
Review of Meadow Farm

and 1 more site!
Meadow Farm
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Redditch
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Used an accessible room with wheelchair user. Spacious and clean, although the shower room was a bit 'aromatic' and the shower drain needs clearing - a long shower would probably flood the room! Staff helpful and quickly supplied extras requested. Room was quiet and we left next morning to continue our journeyn well refreshed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel consists of both new and refurbished buildings. I was in the new part, where Reception is also situated. A warm friendly wecome from the Receptionist, who answered my questions helpfully, was followed by the pleasant surprise of a clean, modern, spacious room. You have to know what Travelodge does and doesn't supply to have a completely successful stay, but if you are in the know (e.g. shower gel and shampoo not supplied), then that's fine. It was completely quiet; I couldn't hear a sound (but I didn't overlook the car park - see another review). The Meadow Lane restaurant next door was ideal. Two main courses for the price of one. The hotel and restaurant together suited my purposes, a meal and bed for the night whilst on a long distance walk.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Booked a family room here in late August. Arrived to be told that there were no family rooms, so we were put in a twin, disabled room. Asked if we could have a double room and were told there were none. So I checked on my phone to see availability and hey ho, there were double rooms available. When I put this to the receptionist she changed her mind and said yes there were doubles available. Clearly a liar and a bit of an upsetting experience. Finally got a double room which was OK, and ate at the pub next door which was wonderful. Just a shame about the lying receptionist. If I book a family room, I expect to get one!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Meadow Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear PeteBFC

Thank you for your post. We aim to provide a high level of service at all times, and I am sorry to learn of your disappointment on this occasion.

Your feedback is important to us, and we would like to fully investigate your concerns. To assist us with this, please can you visit our main Travelodge website and use the new ‘Contact Us’ form, to provide us with full details of your issues.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

stayed here for 1 night on 31 aug 2012 and booked 2 family rooms only to be given them on the second floor overlooking the pub car park...... the hotel and rooms were very clean and everything seemed fine till.......03 00 in the morning when we finally got to sleep due to car doors slamming engines revving horns peeping and people slamming room doors and shouting drunk down corridoors and we had to be up for 6.00 and away for 07.30 so only had 3hrs sleep.. dont forget this travelodge is joined on to a pub.....we also stayed at travelodge m4 chievley the night after and it was perfect we slept all night ..... would i stay at redditch again ....no dont think so

Room Tip: dont have 116 and 118

Dear Mr-john H

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to learn you were disappointed with your stay on this occasion.

We do hope that all of our customers get a good night sleep when staying with us. Due to the central location, some noise might be heard, however we will try to tell our customers by putting details on our website. We also try to reduce the noise from outside the hotel by having double glazing and insulated walls.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I thought other people were exaggerating when they said this was the best Travelodge they'd stayed in, but having spent the Bank Holiday weekend here, I can definitely say it's the best Travelodge we've ever stayed in.

We were in the new block, and whoever did the layout of the rooms did a sterling job. Everything you would normally expect in a Travelodge was there, but cleverly thought out so there was a much better use of the space. I had the end room, looking down on the hotel and pub car park. Although there was a little noise during the afternoon and evening, I wasn't aware of anything after about 10pm. And I really loved the fact that they'd put in two windows, one at the end of the room as normal, and one in the side wall, so I could see more of the view (hedgerows and little pastures going up the slight hill).

The staff were first class. When we arrived, the receptionist noticed my walking stick and repeatedly asked me if I was okay with stairs because if I wasn't, although they were fully booked, they would move people around to put me on the ground floor. Top marks to her for noticing.

For breakfast, we would have used the Sainsburys down the road, but this wasn't open early enough on the bank holiday. So we went into the centre of town to the Royal Enfield, a Wetherspoons pub.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed 2 nights with 2 children - clean and bright, lovely setting - nice and quiet. Great pub next door for good (and cheap!) food. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. We'll stay here again when in the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here just for 1 night with our 2 children, the room was lovely and clean. Really easy to find. Check in was quick, if rather non personable!!

My one main gripe is that the bed was way too soft, and obviously well worn, and the room was quite warm.

We ate at the Meadow Farm 2 for 1 pub and had a lovely meal and really great to sit in the garden afterwards.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Old Rectory House
#5 of 7 in Redditch
The Crown by Marston's Inns
Premier Inn Redditch West (A448) Hotel

Been to Meadow Farm? Share your experiences!