“Regular visitor”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Redditch
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Regular visitor”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly whilst in the area - each time I arrive I wonder if I will find fault with the service and general condition of the hotel - the answer is NO - the staff are friendly and make you very welcome - the whole hotel is clean and tidy - the rooms are immaculate and the food very good - I will continue to book there when in the area - I would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting the area

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Apparently it says on the website that although the hotel accepts dogs they have to be 7.5 kg or under which our dog definitely isn't! So I was very glad the very nice man at reception said it was OK for her to stay. Phew. They even made a bit of a fuss of her. The staff were all very pleasant and welcoming and the hotel was clean, comfortable and well presented. Good Range of OK breakfast choices. Central and convenient location and would stay again if in Redditch.

Room Tip: Think they are all pretty much of a muchness.
2 Thank Debby M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am writing this review due to the terrible management. I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend and when we were leaving we made sure that everything that was there when we arrived was there when we left. It was. However I checked my bank account roughly a week later and they had taken a payment out of my account of £15. So I rang them up and they seamed totally confused about the situation. When they came to the conclusion that something had gone 'missing'. However when I left everything was there. The manager then stated that I had stolen a pillow name thing. Which I had no idea what it was. I was told I was sent an invoice, which I was not. Then I was told they had the wrong email address, which was incorrect, because before they told me my email when I was there and they had sent me emails to my email address. Then when I told them my email address they said they would send me another invoice yet they still never.

I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. Due to this many people I know how opted to stay at a Premier Inn.

I was told I would be phoned by administration and I was not!
Pathetic customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Daniel J,

Thank you writing a review following your recent stay with us.Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this holiday inn for 2 nights and could not fault it. The staff were excellent and could not do enough to help. We visited Cadbury world and you can get discounted tickets at the hotel reception. There was plenty of choice at breakfast and all was kept well stocked. We ate there 1 evening when we arrived and the food was brilliant. It was freshly cooked and well priced. The room was clean and fresh. We would definitely go back

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eleanor M
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Relatively new hotel excellent facilities. Thing that makes it stand out is the staff, not only efficient but extremely friendly and helpful - noticeably so. Another differentiator is that they go that little bit further than the standard HIX breakfast, they add bacon, and good quality bacon to the menu - small but noticeable difference. Congratulations to the team!

Room Tip: All good but lower rooms have poor mobile phone reception
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ewloe, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have come back again to this hotel after staying here the last 2 years. The staff are most welcoming and always happy to assist in what ever way is needed, always pleasant and friendly. The rooms are a generous size with air conditioning, and we have always been happy with the room and the cleanliness of the bathroom, the towels are of a decent quality and we always request extra bath towels each day which has not been a problem, they are brought to the room with in minutes of ringing up excellent service. Breakfast is serve yourself from a choice of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, bacon, sausage,beans and scrambled eggs, also toast and pastries all of which are good and is constantly replenished. We really like this hotel and will be back next year, we have stayed in some more palatial hotels which do not match this one for price and comfort, excellent value for money.

Room Tip: We always have a room with sofa bed as they are more spacious.
Gloucestershire
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife & I stayed here 2 years ago for a base for a Shakespeare tour. We loved everything about it.
This time we planned to do a Black Country tour. So we booked the same hotel for the base once again. We was a little apprehensive in case the politeness, lovely food & relaxed atmosphere would have changed.

Pleased to report it was just as good the second time around.

Well done !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Old Rectory House
#5 of 7 in Redditch
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch? Share your experiences!