“Very pleasant overnight stay”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Redditch
Auckland, New Zealand
“Very pleasant overnight stay”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed here for just one night. Room rate included brekkie, which I missed (due to me being lazy). For the price though this hotel was excellent value. The room was quite big, clean and even though it was by the road side it didn't affect the sleep quality. Staff were friendly. Hotel is centrally located as well, walking distance from Redditch town centre. Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed last saturday night at holiday inn redditch as part of package to see torvil and dean dancing on ice show at birmingham nia with newmarket holidays. Room lovely and clean with bathroom spotless. Full english breakfast was up to a good standard. Memo to management; Surely with 2 coaches arriving early afternoon it would have made financial sense to bring catering staff in early to feed at least 90 guests. Overall excellent stay. Thank you,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Plymouth
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as I was doing a course nearby. It was within easy reach of the M42. I chose this hotel over the Premier Inn (which was closer to my course venue) because the room rate was cheaper and included breakfast. I was also pleasantly surprised to find it included wireless internet in my room as well. The staff were all very welcoming, cheerful and friendly. My room was spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The only very, very minor glitch was when I ordered my evening meal from their quite limited but reasonably priced menu, I was told they didn't have the beef to make a beef burger. I was offered a chicken breast burger instead and it was actually very nice so I wasn't too upset! The buffet breakfast was pretty standard fare. I would definitely stay here again as long as the rate remains reasonable. Next time I may even give myself extra time to take the train into Birmingham as apparently the train station is a short walk away. Very convenient indeed!

1 Thank sam2trev
Kent
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed overnight on Saturday at this hotel after footie (brilliant for Kidderminster Harriers, only 10 mins drive away) and a meeting on the following Sunday in Bromsgrove (also ten minutes away). I can't fault it for value, and exceptional customer service. We were on the third floor and the hotel itself is fairly quiet, I didn't hear a peep and in fact had the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Only thing I will say is just before I nodded off, I did notice a couple of cars whizzing by outside and revving, not sure if its on a bit of a racer road - but as I said it certainly didn't interrupt my sleep and we had the windows open. The bed was comfy, the room and hotel is spotless, the room itself is spacious, and we used the room service in the evening - can't fault the food either, it was excellent. Breakfast was good, very much a buffet service but for the price you can't knock it. I will say you are crammed in in the breakfast room, thats my only critism - and there's not a huge choice if you want a full English breafast. Other than than I would highly recommend this hotel - great customer service, spotlessly clean and superb value.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am a Gold member of the Holiday Inn priority club and I am given the choice upon check-in of either a free drink or extra club points.
At previous hotels when I have opted for the free drink I have been able to choose what I like (normally a pint of beer or orange juice).
I was therefore very surprised at the Redditch hotel to be only offered a tiny bottle of beer or fruit juice (275ml) and was told there are only a limited range of drinks I can choose.
Is this the way to treat a Priority Gold member?
All other aspects f the hotel were the usual HiExpress standard, but the drink offer left me disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear garydobson66,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for leaving us a feedback. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay and in particular with the benefits you are entitled to as a valued IHG Rewards Club Gold member. We do always ensure we provide the benefits according to each level of our loyalty scheme. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this hotel mainly for leisure purposes but on this occasion I was on business as I was at a conference in Birmingham. As always the service is exceptional from the moment you arrive till you leave. With prices in Birmingham being so high I would strongly recommend anybody to stay here and travel into Birmingham by train - the station is less than 5 minutes from the hotel and the journey is 30 mins - you will not be disappointed

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Arrived around 9PM with a business colleague to find comfortable rooms and super-friendly staff.

Dinner was an exceptionally good hand-made burger

Free WiFi and a good quality breakfast.

I'll be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: WiFi reported to be better on the lower floors but I had no issues.