“Good value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Redditch
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a very clean well presented hotel - have stayed in many similiar and this rates as very good - staff are very knowledgeable and helpful - would recommend if in the area. Food is basic but well cooked - plenty available and well presented

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 23, 2013

It took a while to find this hotel (as mentioned on previous reviews) but once found my wife & I were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel is. There was no rubbish outside & inside to reception was spotless. The reception staff were very friendly & helpful, they even gave us a ironing board & iron to use during our stay. The room itself was spacious, light, airy & clean. The bathroom was also very clean, a walk in shower & toilet (the door into the bathroom also acts as a locking door for the toilet, so someone could use the loo while someone else is having a shower - a neat idea). Soap & shower gels are provided by the hotel, something you don't always get in other hotel chains. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows so a good nights sleep was had. Rooms are quiet also. Free complimentary breakfast consisted of either continenal style breakfast or full english, along with usual drinks, so a good variety. Can't comment on evening meals as we never purchased. Complimentary newspapers are available for you to read while at the bar.

The only negative I can say would be the pricing for wifi usage, £10.50 for 24hrs use is a bit steep (£3.50 for 1hrs use), but this is the only minor in what is a very nice holiday. Would have no hesitation in booking here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was excellent value for money and was very very clean- not what you normally expect in a budget hotel!
Service was good and attentive however, the food menu was limited.
Overall very good value.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

You get a lot of hotel for your money here! The room was in very good condition, spotlessly clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff were polite and friendly, and my evening meal was tasty and also good value. The only reasons I'm giving it 4 stars and not the full 5 are that the room details when you book don't specify that the breakfast is included, so I wasn't entirely sure what I was getting at the time of booking. Then the breakfast itself was a bit canteen-style - I'm not a fan of machine-tea and there wasn't an enormous choice of food. But this is being very picky really, and given the price I paid, I was very happy with it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2013

When I visit my home town of Redditch usually stay with my Brother as it was not possible for my one night stay I decided On the Holiday Inn Express. I must admit it is a little difficult to find as has been mentioned in previous reviews, so I was lucky I could rely on my local knowledge. My wife and I had a lovely room, quite spacious, very clean, and quiet, which was exactly as I requested. Breakfast was very good all at a very reasonable and competitive price. The staff were very professional and helpful. Would highly recommend the Hotel.

Room Tip: Just request whatever you require and I think the staff will do there utmost to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The room was comfortable, quiet and clean - you can see that the hotel is well thought through and very professional. We had a good night's sleep and a nice buffett breakfast. Very handy place to stay for our flight from Birmingham Airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Every source for routing, my GPS, Google and other maps sent us to the wrong part of town when entering "2 Hewell Rd, Enfield, Redditch" as the address. There is a Hewell Rd. near the center of town right near the shopping center. It is just off of the Redditch Ringway. If you are using a GPS, be sure to get the map coordinates and use that. (And yes, I did update my GPS just before we left on the trip. It's not a brand new property.) You'll save yourself a frustrating, dizzying, maddening drive that seems to not be able to get you there from wherever you are. Otherwise, the staff was nice, the rooms were typical, clean, comfortable HI Express. Breakfast was good. The price was good too.

Room Tip: Get map coordinates before you use your GPS to drive there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear VicPlano,

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. I appreciate the compliments on our staff service and room accommodations. However, I apologize that you encountered issues with the hotel location. We are constantly working to improve our service and your comments are very valuable to us. The team will be informed of your experience and disappointment in order to avoid such a situation in the future. We will review our hotel directions to ensue future guests do not have problems locating the hotel, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Once again, many thanks for posting your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch? Share your experiences!