This is not a special hotel at all. Is fairly new, with glisty glamorous reception, however the rooms are not the most modern style HI Express. They are however the usual incredibly cramped affair. The breakfast is the usual poor quality HI Express - sausages that have a very cheap processed taste, scrambled egg that is clearly microwaved, tastes rubbery with black bits inside. The coffee is terrible tasting due to the type of milk in the machine. Hint get black out of the machine, then put fresh milk in, stay clear of latte or capucino they are vial!!
Location is not very nice right by a grotty old railway station and a grotty old shopping centre, not a desirable safe looking area at all.
However by biggest gripe, I booked the hotel on line 4 hours before checking in, and the third bed for little boy had not been prepared, it was just a sofa. Called down to reception told not a problem, be straight up. 20 minutes later still nobody appeared, so called again, informed they were busy in the restaurant, and would be another 10 minutes. Now I am not usually one to moan but my little boy needed to go to bed, this didnt seem to make any difference, 30 minutes later we went down to reception and only then somebody appeared, who after struggling with the sheets for ages, gave up saying well its not a bad attempt for a bloke!!! So why was he sent to do the job then??? I went back to reception a few minutes later to order some drinks to take back to the room and the receptionist did apologise for the inconvenience, but that was it - Could the 5er on drinks not at least been a gesture of goodwill, just goes to show that money is more important than service. Have these people not heard of the lifetime value of a customer, well I shall not go back. Makes Premier Inn look even better, which is shame with their prices going up, but I wonder why!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Holiday Inn Express Redditch town centre hotel offering 100 luxurious air-conditioned en-suite bedrooms, Lounge/Bar and GR Restaurant offering complimentary Buffet Breakfast with a selection of your Hot favourites and serving freshly prepared evening meals daily. Situated near the M42 Jct2/Jct3 and within easy reach of Birmingham’s NEC, NIA, ICC and the surrounding area. Complimentary parking for all guests and delegates, high speed Wi-Fi throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Redditch Hotel Redditch
- Holiday Inn Redditch
- Redditch Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch England