“comfy and nice”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Redditch
“comfy and nice”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

very good hotel location and the nice premises....The staff were so friendly and willing to help at all times. The rooms we comfortable and a humble abode. the rooms were so nice but the air condition or heating was so loud. room service was quick and so easy to order and arrange.The Breakfast was also good with different choices to pick from. car park secure and ideal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience on tripadvisor following your recent stay at our hotel

We are most appreciative of your recognition of the warm and friendly service offered by our team, and we also thank you for your lovely commendations of the quality of our evening meals , breakfast offering and the comfort of the accommodation we offer.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Hillsborough
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visiting my fathers elderly sister in Redditch
Second time I have stayed at this hotel with my elderly disabled parents. Both the disabled room & our own room were spotless & well furnished. Staff could not be more accomodating & friendly.
The hotel is tucked away in a very convenient location close to the town centre with ample car parking available for guests. On one morning we had a problem with no warm water for showers etc. I reported this to reception and to their credit they were already on the case to fix a broken down boiler. Even the hotel maintenance chap spoke to me re the problem which I realy was impressed with, as usually at times like this in other hotels that I have stayed at throughout the UK they usually run for cover & leave it to the receptionist to sort out with the guests. We stayed during a particularly cold period & my parents found that even with their thermostat in the room turned up to full they felt the room cold whereas we just found it coolish, similar to our own.
Breakfast was good, but if there was only one comment I could make the powered scambled egg in the mornings was poor but overall food & choice was excellent. I certainly would return albeit I might bring a hot water bottle for my folks should we return in winter. A very pleasant place to stay !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank IMcC
Dear Repeat Guest

We are most appreciative of your repeat custom at our hotel

Thank you very much for your recognition of the friendliness of our team, the high standards of cleanliness and our convenient town centre location.

I apologise that you were inconvenienced briefly on the day that we had an issue for the first time with one of our boilers and am pleased that our team handled the matter to your satisfaction.

You will be pleased to note that we have also recently upgraded our extensive breakfast offering including the scrambled eggs and I am sure you will be very impressed on your next stay

Once again we thank you for your support and hope to welcome you back in the near future

Kind regards
Norfolk
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the holiday in for 1 night the room was small but nice it had everything you would need for a nights stay. The lady on reception was lovely I had an allergic reaction on my hands and she got me ice and asked on a number of occasions if I was ok. The food was very expensive and not a great deal of choice but again ok for a 1 night stay overall a nice place. Dee.

• Stayed March 2013
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Accidentally booked the wrong night - coming from Canada and confused with the dates - they allowed me to change the date without penalty and without fuss. Rooms were clean, efficient and comfortable. Food in the restaurant was very good and breakfast had an abundance of choice to suit every taste. Everyone was helpful and friendly - only minus was having to pay for internet

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stay regularly at Holiday Inn Express residences across the country and this one possibly more than most considering it's convenient location. It is not a 5 star hotel, but does not claim to be. It is comfortable, clean and has everything you need for an overnight stay.

The staff are always very helpful and generally extremely friendly. The drinks are not cheap, but are on a par with other hotels. Unlike many chain hotels they are well presented and taste good (i.e. the draught beer is well maintained).

What is outstanding is the chef's food. There is a standard menu, which is available at various different hotels of this brand across the country, (slightly over priced at all of them) and the chefs here make a better job of it than most, though they are inevitably limited by the quality of the food that is bought in for that menu.

I would strongly advise going for the daily specials, which are listed on a white piece of A4 paper. It is a limited range, but is a well thought out menu and very well priced for the quality. Even when the food is simple and homely (e.g. beef stew & bead, or chilli and rice) it has always been exceptional in my experience. I often stay in Holiday Inn and occasionally Crowne Plaza, but rarely is the food quite as good as it is here.

I personally would like to see the standard menu disposed of so the chef could have a bit more of a free hand to increase the range. However, I acknowledge the need to have the traditional favourites for less adventurous diners.

The bar staff will keep an eye on you while you are at your table and will offer restaurant style service bringing extra drinks, while you are eating if required. However, be aware that this is not really the norm in Holiday Inn Express and is that staff going above and beyond what is expected of them considering how many or on in the evening, so while the service is generally of restaurant standard it would be unfair to expect it all the time.

The breakfast is neither here nor there really, but I don't imagine that is anything to do with the chefs. The range is better than a lot of Holiday Inn Express and it is a self serve buffet included in the price of the room. Convenient and a perfectly acceptable start to the day.

In the interest of balance I will find a couple of negatives:

The phone signal is awful, there is some outside, but it is almost non-existent inside the hotel on either 3 or Vodafone. You can hardly blame the hotel for that though.

The staff are very friendly, which is great, though last time I was there the three people around me were each asked if their meal was ok 3 times. Nice that they are keen, but just asking once is fine.

If you stay expecting Claridges then you will be disappointed, but this is easily on a par with most Holiday Inn in terms of comfort and the quality of what they do offer. It is very good for the price and they work very well within the restrictions of the Holiday Inn Express brand.

The only reason it is rated 4 is to acknowledge that it is a "budget hotel", though it does punch above it's weight. There is plenty of free parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Staying at this express holiday inn for one night after looking at the reviews. On arrival easy free parking. Reception spotless and good helpful staff., room was spacious and clean with all the mod cons you could think of.
No dust I could see. Well done , we would stay here again. And I will recommend it.

Don't let your standards drop please.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
#4 of 8 in Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch? Share your experiences!