I stay regularly at Holiday Inn Express residences across the country and this one possibly more than most considering it's convenient location. It is not a 5 star hotel, but does not claim to be. It is comfortable, clean and has everything you need for an overnight stay.
The staff are always very helpful and generally extremely friendly. The drinks are not cheap, but are on a par with other hotels. Unlike many chain hotels they are well presented and taste good (i.e. the draught beer is well maintained).
What is outstanding is the chef's food. There is a standard menu, which is available at various different hotels of this brand across the country, (slightly over priced at all of them) and the chefs here make a better job of it than most, though they are inevitably limited by the quality of the food that is bought in for that menu.
I would strongly advise going for the daily specials, which are listed on a white piece of A4 paper. It is a limited range, but is a well thought out menu and very well priced for the quality. Even when the food is simple and homely (e.g. beef stew & bead, or chilli and rice) it has always been exceptional in my experience. I often stay in Holiday Inn and occasionally Crowne Plaza, but rarely is the food quite as good as it is here.
I personally would like to see the standard menu disposed of so the chef could have a bit more of a free hand to increase the range. However, I acknowledge the need to have the traditional favourites for less adventurous diners.
The bar staff will keep an eye on you while you are at your table and will offer restaurant style service bringing extra drinks, while you are eating if required. However, be aware that this is not really the norm in Holiday Inn Express and is that staff going above and beyond what is expected of them considering how many or on in the evening, so while the service is generally of restaurant standard it would be unfair to expect it all the time.
The breakfast is neither here nor there really, but I don't imagine that is anything to do with the chefs. The range is better than a lot of Holiday Inn Express and it is a self serve buffet included in the price of the room. Convenient and a perfectly acceptable start to the day.
In the interest of balance I will find a couple of negatives:
The phone signal is awful, there is some outside, but it is almost non-existent inside the hotel on either 3 or Vodafone. You can hardly blame the hotel for that though.
The staff are very friendly, which is great, though last time I was there the three people around me were each asked if their meal was ok 3 times. Nice that they are keen, but just asking once is fine.
If you stay expecting Claridges then you will be disappointed, but this is easily on a par with most Holiday Inn in terms of comfort and the quality of what they do offer. It is very good for the price and they work very well within the restrictions of the Holiday Inn Express brand.
The only reason it is rated 4 is to acknowledge that it is a "budget hotel", though it does punch above it's weight. There is plenty of free parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Holiday Inn Express Redditch town centre hotel offering 100 luxurious air-conditioned en-suite bedrooms, Lounge/Bar and GR Restaurant offering complimentary Buffet Breakfast with a selection of your Hot favourites and serving freshly prepared evening meals daily. Situated near the M42 Jct2/Jct3 and within easy reach of Birmingham’s NEC, NIA, ICC and the surrounding area. Complimentary parking for all guests and delegates, high speed Wi-Fi throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Redditch Hotel Redditch
- Holiday Inn Redditch
- Redditch Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch England