My husband booked this hotel on line, and didn't look at any reviews before hand. On arrival the hotel looked nice reception aera looked clean and bright, resturant also looked clean and very coordinated, but that is where the good review STOPS!!!!!!!!
As you start to go up the stairs the carpet is filthy, and there is an awful smell that gets stronger the higher you go. When you get to the top you have to open the door that leads to the upstairs corridor but as the landing upstairs is narrow you have to step around the door. Making it quite difficult if you are carrying bags!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I hear you saying no big deal as long as the room is comfortable...............WRONG!!!!!!
On entering the room we were shocked at how disgusting it was. Like other people have said with the dirty carpets, paint peeling off the walls and ceiling. The so called bathroom looked like it had NEVER been properly cleaned. Bearing in mind you have to vacate the room by 11am and you are not allowed to check in before 3:30pm, this is more than enough time for the room to be throughly cleaned.
We found that not only did the shower leak, but it leaked so much that it soaked into the dirty carpet in the main room. We were concerned that it was going to start dripping on the customers in the restuarant below.
The floor tiles were broken and some were missing
The bed................ what can I say, except that we would've been more comfortable slepping in the car!!!!!!!!!! The sheets, duvet cover and throw all were either ripped or had cigarette burns in them.
The radiator was so croocked on the wall that it had a plastic pot underneath it to catch the drips.
If I haven't scared you enough I have saved the best to last. I swicthed on the bedside lamp after we came back to the room from going and having dinner (somwhere else) and I got a small electric shock, at first I thought that it was something sharp on the switch. When I tried to turn it off so that we could go to sleep, it wouldn't turn off so I tried the switch again, but this time the electic shock was a lot stronger. I had pins and needles up and down my hand and arm and it literally took my breath away. When we reported it the next morning the response was "Oh, really" Because of her response I decided that I would warn other travellers I am pretty sure the lamp WILL NOT be removed.
Advice to anyone that stays here, stay at your own peril and do not touch the lamp as next time it could be far worse
- Also Known As:
- Montville Hotel Redditch, England