2,578 results
All reviews golf course leisure facilities golf break steam room driving range tawny bar sports bar spa area cadbury world spa treatments lovely hotel superior room main restaurant family room evening meal wedding reception reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After getting married at the Abbey Hotel in April 2018, I decided to treat my husband to afternoon tea to celebrate his birthday.
I booked online with no problems, we arrived at reception & was told to go to the Tawny Bar where afternoon tea would be served.
We waited to be seated and was shown to our table, we were offered tea or coffee and we both ordered tea.
On the afternoon tea menu, it mentions a selection of teas is served so I was very surprised and disappointed when our tea was served as it was a mug with a teabag in it! No teapot!
The food arrived and the sandwiches and scones were delicious, the cakes were a little bit too sweetly and plus something like a choux bun would have been better rather than lots of chocolate.
My husband had to go up to the bar to request another ‘mug of tea’
There seemed to be only one staff member working and it was quite busy with golfers towards the end of our visit.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Attended a work dinner here, so decided to stay here also. The hotel is being renovated & as a consequence several unattended doors had been left open, which concerned me a little from a security viewpoint. I was assigned a room on the 1st floor, missing both a TV & hairdryer. When I settled down for the night I found that I couldn’t switch the main lights off. A member of staff was also unable to do this & promised to get it fixed for me the following day or be given a new room, in the interim I was advised to remove the card from the card light switch when I wanted lights out! When I returned to the room at the end of the next day, I was informed that the lights had been fixed, in fact, no such thing had happened, again the room card had to be removed from the light switch when I wanted lights out & no room move materialised - all very poor.

I tried not to think too hard about this, but both the bed sheets didn’t fully cover the bed, as was the case with the pillowcases.

The hairdryer arrived after being requested twice of reception.

Our dinner booking in the golf bar couldn’t be located, we were then advised that due to the chef being ill, we would be better off eating in the restaurant.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic hotel with with good food, Gym and pool. Nice out door area to sit on a nice evening, with plenty of free parking.

All the staff really helpful. Abbie shaw and team always welcoming on the front desk.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank kimberleypeter
Reviewed May 16, 2019

Having stayed here a number of times I have never written a review, so here goes!

stayed for 2 nights for business, the hotel is undergoing renovations but this didn't affect my stay.
room was spacious but a little tired, small shower and bath in the room, some lights didn't work and there was an issue with the drainage, toilets flushes but backs up and as my room was on the ground floor, when others above flushed it was push water in to my toiler and bubble away, same with bath.
wasn't too much of an issue as I cam back from the bar having had a few beers and fell asleep, but it did wake me once. saying that I think I slept well.
also room had a faint smell of cigarette smoke, could only really smell it when curtains were closed at night but not being a smoker its was unpleasant.

Ate at the hotel both nights and service was good, staff polite and happy to help, food quality was so so.

overall an standard stay, nothing great but nothing bad, will probably be here same time next year for meetings.

Room tip: if on ground floor make sure the drainage is working …...Room 201 it wasnt
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2019

We held our Charity Golf Day at the Abbey Hotel on the 9th May and I like to say a big thank you to the Pro's Rob, Dean and Drew and green keeper Sid for their help on the day. A special thank you to Stacey with getting the room perfect for our dinner. The golf course was in excellent condition and all participants had a great day, despite the rain. A 2 course dinner was enjoyed by everyone and served hot and promptly by very helpful and polite staff.

Anything that was needed on the day was being dealt with straight away and nothing was too much to ask for. Thank you to all the team who helped on the day.

• Trip type: Traveled on business