2,575 results
All reviews golf course leisure facilities golf break steam room driving range tawny bar sports bar spa area cadbury world spa treatments lovely hotel superior room main restaurant family room evening meal wedding reception reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Looks nice but....

Always running out of beer, coffee, glasses - u name it.

The Abbey Hotel Management have got this seriously wrong. The bar staff clearly need a hand and they’re the ones suffering - I feel sorry for the bar staff and bar manager. I advise you sort it as it’s a talking point amongst locals in Redditch.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

Arrived at Abbey Park for a wedding the following day. The room has been used before our arrival. Complained at reception, the previous people had left rubbish in the bin, left a washed cup, no tea bags or milk and they had left the key cards in the room. Nothing was done. On leaving Sunday morning we were charged twice for our bar bill, on questioning this the one bar bill was from 8pm we were not in the hotel !! Money was refunded when questioned. This hasn't been the only over charging that happened to our party on this stay. When checking out double check your bill !!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Visited for an afternoon tea and enquiring about a future booking with yourselves. The afternoon tea was lovely with a good selection of sandwiches and the bar very well decorated. The whole atmosphere was nice. The staff seem very knowledgable. Abi at reception was very helpful with answering the array of questions we had about the facilities, can’t wait to visit again

Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

Great location, hotel going through a refurbishment, reception ladies lovely, room great, pool nice, golf course good, but the service was very slow in the restaurant, we ordered wine they didn’t even open the bottle and they didn’t stick to their offer of children eating free and since emailing them they haven’t even replied.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I booked afternoon tea as a late mothers day present with myself, my mother and brother and sister. It was also a really special day as we rarely get together as a family as we do not live near each other. So we have all been looking forward to this afternoon!

To be honest the food and service was very disappointing to say the least! Myself and my sister are vegan and vegetarian. This was mentioned upon booking a long time ago. Upon arrival we were both brought out separate plates of food to which I really didnt like the taste of my 4 sandwiches. Which was a mix of hummus and beetroot. It would have been nice to have had a mixture of sandwiches. Hummus, avocado maybe, vegan cheese and pickle. I felt that not much thought had gone into what I was being given. There is so much out there for vegans it is disappointing that I felt no body had taken the time to offer a selection. It was like it was too much hassle.

The main issue was that my sister who is vegetarian was given a plate of sandwiches (6 intotal) two of which were actually MEAT!!!! when we called over the waiter we asked what it was and they didnt even seem to know!! The waitress also came over and they both looked at each other and said it looks like bacon or ham. Obviously who ever prepared the sandwiches does not understand vegetarians as they DO NOT eat meat! The waiter took her plate away and literally within minutes came back and had just taken off the meat sandwiches! I saw him the other side of the restaurant with the plate just checking it. So no fresh sandwiches had been made! Very sneaky!!! I dont think he saw me.
My sister was expected to eat the remaining sandwiches which had been put next to meat. There seems to be an undeniable lack of knowledge and ignorance about both vegan and vegetarian food at your hotel. I live in Leicester and have had some amazing vegan/vegetarian afternoon teas and was not made to feel like we were inconveniencing anyone!!!! Which is how both me and my sister felt! My sister did not feel like eating anything else after that and did not trust what other food was there.
The serving staff seemed pretty unbothered about our awful experience. Why they didn't ask us as customers 'what can we make for you or do for you to make this a better experience'? The male waiter even made a joke about what an awful experience we were having...hasten to add we didn't find his humour funny!
Upon paying there was no mention of refunds or reimbhursing us for our terrible experience. I ended up paying £39 for four afternoon teas, two of which were awful! My sister commented upon paying how disappointed she was but nothing was done.
Unfortunately I will not be recommending your hotel or food to anyone and I intend on reviewing you on Tripadvisor also. Extremely disappointing food and service. Customer service due to the situation was also not acceptable. I feel that this could have been rectified had the waiter and waitress bothered to make our food better by asking us and communicating to the kitchen. As the main point of contact with the customer why did they not also check the food going out in the first instance. Especially as the waitress knew there was a vegan and vegetarian tea. Also presentation wise why were we only given plates and not on a stand like the 'meat eaters'. This automatically made us feel 'not very special'. Ultimately if you are not able to cater for vegans/vegetarians which evidently you are not. Then this should be stipulated upon booking. This would have saved alot of hassle, time and disappointment! May I suggest who ever is responsible for creating afternoon teas does their research on different food varieties. An utterly awful afternoon tea! Never again...