Abbey Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Meadow Farm(Redditch)
Westmead Hotel(Birmingham)
View Hotel
Bell at Tanworth in Arden(Tanworth in Arden)
2,230 results
All reviewsgolf courseleisure facilitiesgolf breaksteam roomdriving rangeswimming pooltawny barsports barcadbury worldspa treatmentslovely hotelsuperior roomreception staffevening mealfamily roomwedding receptionthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed for the one night,our room was large spacious and clean we used the spa and dined there we had the special two course meal which was good value and a good buffet breakfast next morning before we left

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Felixpippen
JohnHindson, General Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Felixpippen

Thank you for staying with us at the Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa and for taking the time to share your views with the Trip Advisor community.

We’re so pleased you had a pleasant stay and really appreciate your comments regarding our special Friday Feeling package which includes a 2 course dinner in the restaurant.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I will look forward to sharing this feedback with our team here.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and cannot fault it.
But wanted to say a special mention about the restaurant.

I think it deserves a review, as not enough people bother commenting on good service.

The service and food was excellent. I wanted the vegetarian option, but once again was offered spinach & ricotta cannelloni (this always seem to be the only veggie choice). I declined and said i would just eat the veg from the carvery. The waitress immediately said she would ask the chef if he could do me something else. Our Lovely waitress was "Sharlene" I think she deserves a special mention. Anyway she returned offering me a further 2 choices. I chose the wild mushroom gnocchi. It was fabulous. Throughout the rest of our meal "Sharlene (sorry for the spelling) was fantastic. Will definitely be returning. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mark E

Thank you for your Sunday Lunch review following your visit at the Abbey Hotel, Golf & Spa.

We are delighted with your feedback and to hear you that you feel that our Bramblings restaurant deserves a special mention really does mean the world to us. I look forward to passing your wonderful comments onto all our team, giving particular mention to Charlene, who I know will be thrilled.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Spent overnight on business and found hotel to be really comfortable and with good food in the restaurant, especially on the evening. Bedrooms well equipped, however very squeaky floors which I found disturbed me when I move around my room, so can't imagine what they sounded like below!

Overall a nice hotel and would look to stop again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 147 with the squeaky floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Steve O

Thank you for staying at the Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa and sharing your views on TripAdvisor.

We’re so pleased you had a comfortable stay and really appreciate your comments about “good food” and “nice atmosphere”. We have also passed on your comments with regards to the floor boards to our maintenance team in order to rectify the situation.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Three friends enjoyed an excellent Spa day at this hotel. The facilities were very good, the massages by Gemma were excellent and the food and drinks were the best we'd had at any spa. A hot drinks machine was available throughout the day; we had use of the relaxation room, pool etc for the full day, and we were even given cakes with our afternoon tea. All the staff were very friendly, the only negative was the difficulty in locating the spa - it's through the golf shop!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
JohnHindson, General Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Andrea W

Thank you for your “Great Spa Day” review following your recent visit to the Abbey Hotel, Golf & Spa.

We are so pleased that your Spa day proved to be excellent and that Gemma provided relaxing massages for all of your party. The relaxation room is an added bonus to our spa days and we are so pleased that you were able to make use of all of the facilities.

Once again thank you for your booking and choosing the Abbey. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

On a business trip, one night stay.
Went to the Tawnys bar to watch footie, menu not great not much to choose from. Had the "Thai chicken sizzler" absolutely great. The portion was very big.
Room was very nice although I found floorboards very creaky, but the room had everything I wanted - bed, tea/coffee, free wifi, free parking...
Staff very friendly and cannot be more helpful.
I recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ray O

Wow! “Absolutely great” – what a compliment, thank you so much! We are delighted with your feedback, this really does mean the world to us to hear and I look forward to passing your wonderful comments onto all our team.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.