Myself and my large extended family spent last weekend (12/13 October) at the Abbey Hotel celebrating my uncle's 90th birthday. I took my elderly parents, both in their late 80's. Their room was well equipped with a large wet room and plenty of room to manoeuvre. My room was lovely with a large double bed, a seating area and a bathroom with a bath and a shower. Somehow my parents wet room flooded after my dad had his shower and I had to use towels on the floor so that they didn't slip over. It even flooded into the bedroom. We arrived at Friday lunch-time and decided to eat in the Tawny Bar. What a walk! My parents have mobility problems and were exhausted when we eventually arrived there. The staff were really nice and very helpful. The food was OK, nothing exceptional. In the evening a large party of us (10) ate in the Tawny Bar. I think they forgot my meal as everyone had been served, some had finished, and mine hadn't even arrived. It did arrive once they were reminded of my order. Breakfast was very good. Food was buffet style and kept really hot. Again the staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
The function in the evening was really well organised. Food was again good, a buffet, but there were no vegetables or salad just carbohydrates. The staff were very efficient clearing away glasses and plates.
Although I had booked a room catering for people with disabilities for my parents, their room was a very long way from reception and any of the other facilities (bars and restaurants).
In the mornings vacuum cleaners were left along the hallways which proved to be hazardous for my father, particularly.
Overall, the weekend was a lovely experience. The staff were lovely and couldn't have been more helpful. The food was also very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the family owned 4* Abbey Hotel, Golf & Spa in Redditch, Worcestershire. The Abbey Hotel is situated on a lovely 175 acre estate that once belonged to the now ruined local Abbey. The Hotel itself is just a short distance from the Birmingham NEC, Birmingham International Airport and the City Centre making it ideal for pleasure or business travel. Featuring 100 contemporary ensuite Rooms, Meeting & Conference facilities, banqueting rooms for private Occasions and gorgeous Wedding Venue grounds. You can indulge in either of our dining experiences; fine dining in Bramblings Restaurant or delicious pub classics in Tawnys Bar and Terrace overlooking the 18th fairway. Alternatively play a round of golf on the Abbey championship 18 hole Golf Course or practice your swing on the 2 storey, 28 bay floodlit Golf Driving Range. Situated in a rural Redditch location, yet minutes from the M42 motorway makes The Abbey Hotel a great base to explore the area of Worcestershire and to visit many Local Attractions including Cadbury World, West Midlands Safari Park, Warwick Castle plus much more! Whatever the occasion we look forward to welcoming you to our award winning, family owned 4* Hotel in Redditch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbey Hotel Golf And Country Club
- Abbey Hotel Country
- Redditch Best Western
- Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa Redditch, England