Stayed on basis of trip advisor reviews, 2 night stay for NEC. lovely room, although the bathroom needs updating to match the refurbished room standard.. Shower control fell off, broken toilet roll holder.. Lovely quiet stay 1st night then on 2nd could not sleep as room above bar area and rowdy group of guests kept us up a good few hours. There was dog hair on the carpet, so had not been cleaned properly prior to our stay.
Restaurant staff lovely, nothing too much trouble.. Excellent meal Monday evening, much better than the Sunday. Good value room rate.
When we checked out we mentioned the noisy room and were told 'oh yes that's because it's above the bar... No apology offered... Mentioned dog hair, again no apology but we were made to feel awkward as it was a guide dog who had left the hair apparently.. Mentioned broken shower and again no apology, just told that maintenance would be informed.
Such a shame as the staff were so accommodating other than when you went to check out.. No apologising at all, service recovery sadly lacking...
So much can be recovered with a few sorry's and a smile...
Naturally will not be returning which is a shame as we need a hotel like this for staff twice a year every year for the foreseeable future..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the family owned 4* Abbey Hotel, Golf & Spa in Redditch, Worcestershire. The Abbey Hotel is situated on a lovely 175 acre estate that once belonged to the now ruined local Abbey. The Hotel itself is just a short distance from the Birmingham NEC, Birmingham International Airport and the City Centre making it ideal for pleasure or business travel. Featuring 100 contemporary ensuite Rooms, Meeting & Conference facilities, banqueting rooms for private Occasions and gorgeous Wedding Venue grounds. You can indulge in either of our dining experiences; fine dining in Bramblings Restaurant or delicious pub classics in Tawnys Bar and Terrace overlooking the 18th fairway. Alternatively play a round of golf on the Abbey championship 18 hole Golf Course or practice your swing on the 2 storey, 28 bay floodlit Golf Driving Range. Situated in a rural Redditch location, yet minutes from the M42 motorway makes The Abbey Hotel a great base to explore the area of Worcestershire and to visit many Local Attractions including Cadbury World, West Midlands Safari Park, Warwick Castle plus much more! Whatever the occasion we look forward to welcoming you to our award winning, family owned 4* Hotel in Redditch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbey Hotel Golf And Country Club
- Abbey Hotel Country
- Redditch Best Western
- Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa Redditch, England