we found this hotel by lookng on the internet and decided to book for New years break, we arrived on 30th December 2012 and were greeted most warmly by reception staff.we had booked a standard room which was fine if a little small, comfortable twin beds, nice bathroom apart from shower leaking onto floor, but jsut mopped up after shower. tv a little small for the room. we did ry to upgrade to superior room but the hotel was fully booked, we asked to be shown superior and executive room which was quickly arranged and we would certainly upgrade next time. The staff is the diamond in this hotel, everyone was always pleasant and helpful, excellence all round. we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, I did not use swimming and sauna but my husband did and thought they were very good. Food was excellent and good variety. New Years eve in Bramblings restaurant was fine, was expecting hot and cold buffet but was actually serve yourself carvery, but it was very nice if a little chaotic. We went to the Abbey for a relaxing break and this is exactly what we had, will certainly go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the family owned 4* Abbey Hotel, Golf & Spa in Redditch, Worcestershire. The Abbey Hotel is situated on a lovely 175 acre estate that once belonged to the now ruined local Abbey. The Hotel itself is just a short distance from the Birmingham NEC, Birmingham International Airport and the City Centre making it ideal for pleasure or business travel. Featuring 100 contemporary ensuite Rooms, Meeting & Conference facilities, banqueting rooms for private Occasions and gorgeous Wedding Venue grounds. You can indulge in either of our dining experiences; fine dining in Bramblings Restaurant or delicious pub classics in Tawnys Bar and Terrace overlooking the 18th fairway. Alternatively play a round of golf on the Abbey championship 18 hole Golf Course or practice your swing on the 2 storey, 28 bay floodlit Golf Driving Range. Situated in a rural Redditch location, yet minutes from the M42 motorway makes The Abbey Hotel a great base to explore the area of Worcestershire and to visit many Local Attractions including Cadbury World, West Midlands Safari Park, Warwick Castle plus much more! Whatever the occasion we look forward to welcoming you to our award winning, family owned 4* Hotel in Redditch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Abbey Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbey Hotel Golf And Country Club
- Abbey Hotel Country
- Redditch Best Western
- Abbey Hotel Redditch, England