“Lovely country pub with good food and a warm welcome.”
Review of The Brook Inn

The Brook Inn
Ranked #7 of 119 Restaurants in Redditch
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A CONTEMPORARY COUNTRY PUB WITH MODERN BRITISH FOOD, FINE WINES & REAL ALES
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely country pub with good food and a warm welcome.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great food, good atmosphere, fun pub. Friday nights live band and Sunday nights 'Open Mic' well worth a visit. Food is always tasty and staff very pleasant.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank J M

Redditch
“Good grub and great beers”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Came here as a recommendation from a fellow dog walker and was very pleased to find decent quality home cooked food freshly prepared. The menu was comforting and varied with traditional favourites available at reasonable prices. The bar choice is equally good with pleasant staff in attendance. The fact that dogs are welcomed by the owner is another bonus too!
Came back a few weeks after for a family birthday meal for 12 and was well catered for again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ianskip71
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Gone down hill... Overpriced...”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Not what I expected after hearing great reviews from friends. The food was not of the quality I would expect for the price. Crusty bread for the starter was straight out of bag of bread, it cheapened the experience. The homemade chips were greasy and the sauce for the pork dish seemed the taste like Campbell's mushroom soup, nothing special.

1 Thank Neil T
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Not as good as I had Expected”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We took our daughter there on a Friday lunchtime and the place was pretty empty. The first thing we noticed was the cheap paper napkins - for the prices I would expect better.

The starters were good - My wife and I had mushrooms in a cheesy sauce and the daughter had pate.

My wife followed up with scampi and chips - the scampi was good and plentiful but the chunky chips were greasy. I had steak pie which look great but turned out to be very salty. Our daughter had liver and bacon which she was disappointed with as the liver was cooked to a mush. All our meals were served on cold plates.

I had a very nice ice cream for pudding.

The bill, including three drinks, came to well over £65, which is on the high side for the area.

I don't like to give bad reviews, and this was one friday in October and from the other reviews it seems that it was not up to their usual standard.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bob_Hughes_66
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had an amazing meal here last time I went!
My food was cooked exactly how I asked for it and was delicious. You have got to leave room for dessert though the choices are to-die-for!
More than just pub food, live bands on a Friday night. A generally really great place to go to dinner.
Will require booking though to avoid disappointment as it gets VERY busy!

Visited August 2012