“Second time at the Blue Inn in Redditch”
Review of Blue Inn Redditch

Blue Inn Redditch
Ranked #2 of 9 Redditch B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have moved to Pembrokeshire and still have family and friends in the Birmingham area, so we stayed for the second time in the Blue Inn. The room was cold because the cleaning staff decided to leave the window open. We needed help with setting the radiator. Even leaving it on all night, it never got comfortably warm. The bath is high and difficult to get into. But everything was good and we wouldn't have returned if it hadn't been okay the first time. The food in the restaurant was wonderful just like last time and friendly assist. manager George Davis looked after us. The waitresses would benefit from a bit of training. Perhaps they can learn how to make Irish coffee.
We had continental breakfast and it was far better than we expected with fruit juices, cereals, cold meat, cheeses, wonderful Danish pastries. We will return, perhaps at a warmer time of the year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was booked to stay here April 2013.
The first room I tried had a gap around the door, that opened onto the car park, and so the room was very cold.
I was given the key to another room but this was no better.
3rd time lucky, the door sealed perfectly but it was still cold. I put the heater on and waited. As the room warmed up the smell of cigarette smoke and bleach became more and more unbearable.
At this point I gave up, handed the key back to reception and left.
Maybe there are decent rooms, and you're right the rooms don't cost the earth, but for a little more you can have a warm and comfortable nights stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and myself stayed here last night. We were impressed with the atmosphere of the Blue Inn. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and our room as well as being spacious was spotlessly clean. When we went down to breakfast I was pleasantly surprised it was a fabulous breakfast. Every one we spoke to at the Blue Inn could not do enough for us to make our stay here as pleasant as possible. We met George Assistant Manager he was great. George is an Embassador for Blue Inn. I think a few of the larger (group) hotels would be well advised to take a visit here and see how customer care keeps your customers' coming back. We will defo be making a return visit here. Liz and Russell Eldridge

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was looking for somewhere to stay on a Saturday night in Redditch, and because the Blue Inn price included continental breakfast and free Wifi, it was the best value I found. £42 for 2 of us in a twin.
It’s close to, and easy to find from junction 3 of the M42. Also fairly close to Birmingham, Birmingham airport and more importantly, Cadbury’s World.
The recent re-furb makes the chalets and the restaurant look good. Rooms are basic, but clean. A small hanging space with a couple of shelves is provided. Tv is excellent. Wifi is free if you register. It worked great on the night, but was awful on the Sunday, so don’t rely on it. Biscuits provided with the tea and coffee tray in the room. Glad the heating was good as there was a gap under the door to the outside and the beds are only about 6 ft from it. the bathroom didn't seem to have any ventilation in it, but there was a good heater.
Bathroom is a little dated, but clean and functional, and bigger than some hotels I’ve stayed in. The rooms are actually 2 chalet blocks that are across the car park from the reception and restaurant, so might not suit lone females. There is a road on both sides of the rooms that give some traffic noise, but the site itself has lots of trees and you feel like you’re surrounded by greenery. You’re more likely to be woken by the birds than cars.
We had continental breakfast included, but you could pay extra to get a cooked breakfast. The continental included cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit, juices, tea, coffee, toast, jam, sliced cold meat, and pastries. It was a buffet so you could have as much as you want. Note that the cooked breakfast on a Sunday morning is also buffet style and we were told was fairly limited. They had bacon, mushrooms, scrambled egg. Not sure what else. But staff said there’s a better choice in the week when they’re busier, as they can do fresh eggs. Milk was provided, unlike a previous comment made on here.
The restaurant/bar was really well furnished. The table chairs were really comfy. We didn’t eat dinner here so can’t comment. If you don't want to eat in the restaurant there, there's a number of eateries within short driving distance. Eg Macdonalds, The Dog, and The Boot (pricey but good).
The staff were friendly, especially George. Overall a pleasant experience and I’d definitely consider it again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the car park (and the dual carriageway) get less noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hondabird007
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed for two nights with my son while we were working nearby .
Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Room was nicely and recently decorated.
Good facilities , wifi , tv , coffee making etc.
Restaurant quite small and very friendly. Food from a limited range was really nice and very well presented with nice touches.
Inclusive breakfast was very good , great croissants , best I've had since my last French holiday . My son loved the little pastries too. The staff never stopped cleaning either , everything was very clean.
Can't recommend enough , for the price I paid this was a real find.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed there for one night because it is situated reasonably close to the M42. Very clean room and bathroom and a comfortable bed. Television, free internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Quiet despite being close to a busy road. Only gripe was for the breakfast - there was cereal but no milk at all, just the small sachets for a cup of tea. Staff friendly but perhaps they need to organise ordering milk.

Room Tip: Redditch centre is complicated. Go to a nearby village to eat.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting family, for £42 per night you couldn't ask for more!! Clean spacious rooms, good powerful shower, extremely comfy beds and helpful, friendly staff!!! My only nag was the lights around the hotel were very bright all through the night! Would highly recommend for a short break!

Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Kelly C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redditch
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove
Old Rectory House
Old Rectory House
#5 of 7 in Redditch

Been to Blue Inn Redditch? Share your experiences!