“Great Club”

birmingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Club”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Come here quite often now my partner is a massive golf fan i sometimes join in!The value for money is good not to expensive my partner has been to golf clubs all over the country and some really expensive ones so this one is on the cheap side of things!Members of staff are all nice and polite.Everything seemed maintained

Visited August 2012
1 Thank WillowStacey

UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good Challenge Of Golf”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Redditch golf club is a very nice tree lined course with some challenging holes. But all levels of golfer would enjoy this course. The staff in the pro shop were very helpful and the members were friendly. It is well worth playing. The changing rooms and showers were clean. Overall well worth a visit….

Visited May 2012
2 Thank MrW20
Redditch, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good food in a fabulous setting”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Went with a member for birtday party. venue excellent, on edge of course, landscaped gardens to view. Meals served at your pace, no rush. Good value for money.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank showcoachman
England
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“A warm welcoming club for ladies”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have recently taken up golf and having played a number of courses in the area decided to take the plunge and join Redditch Golf Club as a lady member. Prior to joining I made enquiries and was immediately invited to one of the dinners as a guest and was introduced to many members. I was overwhelmed by what a warm and welcoming group I met and how supportive they have been since I joined.

Although I have not played before, I now have ladies who have made themselves available to
help and guide me on the game itself, the rules of golf and activities and events off the course.

David Down, the resident professional, has a relaxed style and has been teaching me from scratch, I am really pleased with the progress I have made in such a relatively short time. He has advised me on clubs and equipment aswell and has helped me settle in quickly.

I only have a 5 day membership currently but the club has practice areas and a putting green which can be used any time. The clubhouse has a bar serving drinks, tea/coffee and snacks and there is a lounge area where you can sit down to meet friends and have a meal off the menu. (They also have a magnificent new trophy cabinet they have just installed).

I had heard that this club was "stuffy" but that couldn't be further from the truth, I suspect it may have been in the past but I don't see any evidence of this at all. I was also concened about not having played before but again the ladies I have met have not treated me any differently, they have included me in the regular matches and events.

All in all, a good decision and I would encourage any ladies, experienced or just thinking of taking up the game like I have, to check it out.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Hazelnutineverybite
midlands
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Redditch Golf Club is like a really good social club that also plays golf !”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

After moving to the area, we decided to try out all the local clubs to see which one suited our needs best and this one came out on top.

The clubhouse is very welcoming and the Pro ( David Down ) / assistant ( Alex Richardson ) could not have been more helpful in answering questions about the club and even offering to take us out for 9 holes free of charge. After visiting we were offered a complimentary round of golf to see if we liked the place. The changing facilities were very good, clean and warm unlike some other local clubs which were pretty desperate to be fair.

The club plays well in the winter and summer and there are no tee times apart from normal competition days. The club functions are well attended and the captains past and present are also pretty helpful too, when you want to know anything specific. They also have a well supported ladies and junior section too.

In no time at all we integrated into the club and felt at home, which is what’s most important.

For visitors and societies the club is very accommodating indeed and everyone seems to comment on the friendly atmosphere within the clubhouse. The guest ales are very good and the food is pretty fair too.

The course is constantly being improved and the greens are really very good indeed. It’s a challenging 18 holes, but one that you just don't seem to get tired of and that’s why we joined.

If you somewhere that’s really friendly I would, after playing all the local ones and rating them out of 10, suggest that Redditch Golf Club is really worth considering.

Also don’t confuse Redditch Golf Club with Abbey Park Golf Hotel or Pitcher Oak as they are all separate.

Visited August 2011