“Tasted like a supermarket takeaway curry”
Review of Little India

Little India
Ranked #36 of 119 Restaurants in Redditch
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Tasted like a supermarket takeaway curry”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We decided to go to Little India to celebrate my husband's birthday, and we had also had a menu through our door and thought we would try it out.

Upon arrival we were shown to our table. The staff seemed uninterested and just wanted to take the order as quickly as possible.

We all went for the special 4-course meal. Once ordered the service was extremely slow. The poppadoms were stale and the dips were watery. Myself and my husband had a sheek kebab starter. It was not hot and the onions were brown and slimy. Our friends were not impressed with their's either.

For a main myself and my friend had the Prawn Dupiaza. It didn't taste at all like a dupliaza. It was really sweet and the prawns were so tiny you could hardly see them.

My husband had a lamb bhuna and he said that it was tasteless and the meat was rather ropey.

The service was slow all through the evening and staff were not friendly at all.

Needless to say we won't be going again and will not be recommending it toany friends or family.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Zoef1ferrari

“Slow bland tasteless food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a takeaway they said 25 mins went to collect after 25 mins I was still sat there 15 mins after.
Got it home the food was not that hot and my curry was bland persawri nan was so dry no butter or honey and the middle had tiniest amount of sweet paste with no sultanas etc not nice .
Was not value for money and was overpriced in my opinion .
The guy who served me also seemed put out to serve me not friendly
Saw one other table in there weren't busy
Won't be going again any time soon

• Visited August 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“marginally better than a chain pub Indian meal”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

we were recommended this hotel as we stayed for one night close by and thought we would try it. We ate as a family of four.

The menu looked nice and was varied. Starters were ok, if a little bland. Main courses were mediocre at best. tasted like it had come out of a jar. We had 2 naan breads a chapatti and puree bread with our meal and all were dry. They were without doubt not fresh and tasted reheated and in fact over reheated.

Service was ok, not brilliant, not bad.

I am always suspicious when you find a restaurant which has used pieces of card to block out the glass strip in the kitchen window....

We were charged £8 for one diet coke and 3 cordials which I think was pricey.

We are from Leeds and maybe we are spoilt here given the good reviews this place had had. However, we would never return or recommend to anyone who knows a good curry.

Disappointing!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jo_Rice_from_leeds
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Little gem of a restaurant. The food was delicious and very nicely presented. The service was good - the waiters were attentive without being intrusive. Great night with a couple of our good friends.

• Visited May 2013
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Average nice food poor service”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I would hate to see how they cope when fully booked. Waited over an hour for food even though there was only two other couples in restaurant. The restaurant was ok but floor needed a clean and bits all over carpet don't really make a good first impression. Food was nice when finally arrived but need to improve service and cleanliness

• Visited May 2013