“Great carvery!”

Washford Mill
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The old water mill on the river Arrow has been converted into a modern pub and restaurant serving quality food in a relaxed and friendly environment. We are proud to serve a Great British Carvery with a daily selection of Red Tractor assured meats and fresh, seasonal vegetables. Join us in our delightful informal restaurant for a delicious daily carvery or choose from our superb menu. Alternatively just pop into our riverside bar and terrace to enjoy a local ale with friend
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Really nice settings by the river, so nice for a drink especially in the summer! Great food lovely choice.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was back home for a meal with family and went out with a group of ~10. Service was slow but weekend lunchtime - this was fine. Could have been given some warning though...

Food was rotten, my meal consisted of stalky veg that consisted of the parts that a normal person cuts off and discards and I was served instant mash. Instant mash. ***** mash on a meal costing nearly £10? I was more than a little annoyed as my local in Sheffield will do the same meal, to a far higher standard for £7 with real chips, or mash, or any other variation of potato - but not instant mash! Similar sentiments of dissatisfaction were rattled round the table.

Displeased also with the waiter rather than removing 10 plates to an empty table, proceeded to pile them up in front of me into a massive rubbish heap (very slowly as well) before taking them away. He may have been 16 but I'm not a million years older and am pretty certain that I would have had the gumption to NOT DO THIS.

Sorry Redditch, it is places like this and the fact there is NOWHERE to get a decent meal / pint that are the reason I left!

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been a few times before and like the building, the pond, the spacious feeling inside the pub and the waterwheel. We always go for the bar meals so I can't comment on the carvery. You need to go the bar to order your food. The food is ok, not too pricey and a reasonable amount of choice. They have a choice of real ales. Service has always been ok when we have been.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our family group of 11 had the mis-fortune of visiting this establishment on the evening of the 29th December 2012. All started OK when the waitress came to take our order. The food arrived and 8 out of 10 of us were reasonably satisfied although the food was nothing special......My husband had a side order of roast potatoes which were overcooked and greasy (we suspect they were from the bane marie) as were my dried up peas. The trouble really began when I dared to complain about my daughter's meal. This consisted of 2 pork chops green beans and what was meant to be colcannon but was in -fact a chunk of undercooked cabbage with no trace of potato. The waitress lost her painted on smile and took on a much more hostile attitude. . When I pointed out to her that £8-25 seemed a lot to pay for very little I was told "meat is very expensive" and although she scuttled off, presumably to pass my complaint on,we were offered no explanation for the missing mash......we were given complimentary coffees and the waitress, who by now had re-gained her smile, left us with a cheery wish for a Happy New Year !
We will be not be visiting again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our usual carvery was full so we thought we would try the washford instead and although it was was twice what we usually pay it was worth the money. Well cooked meats and an excellent choice if vegetables only let down by the bought in desserts which were not that nice. Would happily recommend trying it