“Always a pleasure and a treat!”
Review of Redolence Spice

Redolence Spice
Ranked #12 of 127 Restaurants in Redditch
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary style imbues every part of Redolence Spice, an Indian restaurant on Redditch's Unicorn Hill. Based around a palette of red, white and black, the restaurant's upstairs dining room is entirely modern with leather seating and white tablecloths, airy and bright thanks to large windows and well spaced tables. The atmosphere here at Redolence Spice is comfortable and laid back yet with a hint of formality in the extremely polite service from friendly, informed staff. Trained in restaurants throughout England and Bangladesh, Redolence Spice's head chef has a passion for food and flavours which really comes through in every dish on the Redolence menu, from the more traditional curries to the contemporary additions, with their lighter, healthier feel and delicate spicing. Fish is a particular specialty, freshly prepared for use in less well known but authentic regional delicacies. Extremely affordable, Redolence Spice is an ideal midweek treat for those days when cooking is just too much trouble.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've been a regular eater here for a couple of years! I can honestly say that I've never had a bad meal. The food is authentic, aromatic, tasty and generous! The ingredients they use are good quality! If your looking for the perfect place to celebrate an occasion, this is it. The staff will cater for any party size. Also very ideal for a romantic meal. The decor is modern and clean cut, the staff pleasant and friendly. A good range of beer and spirits is on offer aswell as wine and all affordable prices. Don't think just do.... Book now. You won't be disappointed!!!!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a pleasant restaurant with very nice staff but the food, although acceptable, was not exceptional and we were disappointed because we were expecting it to be special as it is ranked No 1 in Redditch.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've eaten here many times, and when we can't get there we order in. Beautiful food, nothing is too much trouble.

The staff are very polite and attentive. Fantastic atmosphere, always made to feel welcome.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Fortunately our local curry house. Always first choice for birthdays,friendly gatherings and any old excuse. And when we're not eating in we have a takeaway. Food always excellent....the lamb is to die for. The staff are always very attentive and friendly and chef/owner always on hand to meet his guests and looking for feedback. Will cook special requests if you give him notice......and I mean anything. Have recommended to so many people now we always see someone we know. Always busy so you need to book. Have eaten many curries but none come close.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Recommended by the Holiday Inn Express and less than 5 minutes walk away I was a bit dubious as it's upstairs so doesn't look up to much from outside. Still, it was starting to rain so in I went. Pleasantly surprised by the bright, fresh look of the decor and got a friendly welcome from the waiter who was happy to recommend various dishes. i'd already made up my mind on the lamb shank though and I'm so glad I did. One of the best curry dishes I've tasted! The sauce was delicious, not crammed with heat but subtle and spicy. Oh, and huge! I asked for a doggy bag and my son finished it off the next night at home. He loved it too! Good starter too....red mullet with onions and peppers and spices. Great change from the bog standard fish tikka! The staff are obviously very proud of the standard of cooking and so they should be. As I told the waiter, I just wish they were nearer home! I'd be in ther every week. Well worth a visit.