“Fantastic value !”

Ranked #20 of 133 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Island Pool is a clasic country pub serving not only a high standard of food but great tradional ales. We have to offer, a carvery with a choice our locally sourced meats accompanied by a wide variety of fresh locally sourced vegetables. Alongside our carvery we have an extensive menu with a range of foods to suit any and every pallet. We are proud to offer exquisite beef steaks, also sourced locally, and are all cooked to perfection.For Bookings or any information, send us a message or give us a call! We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had to try this one after being recommended to it.
Reading some reviews I couldn't make my mind up if we would have an enjoyable meal or a dissapointing night! So we decided to 'go see', and now we shall go again! Soon I hope.
The gentleman who served us was most polite and chatted away with a friendly manner. The quality of the beef,gammon and turkey were excellent. Everything on offer was hot. plentiful and nicely displayed.
Some areas were in need of some maintenance/decoration,but at the price being charged it would be plain unfair to expect 5 star surroundings and comfort.
Next time we will try something off the main menu, I'm pretty sure it will be worth going back for.

2  Thank Stee58

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Restaurant needs a facelift. Strangely you cannot open a tab at the bar and need to pay before you eat! Do they have many people that run off before paying! Meat selection good and tasty, same cant be said for the vegetables. I have read previous reviews and managers comments and potatoes were definitely out of a packet as were mash and carrots. That said it was ok, wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff happy to help with excellent value. Where as other carvery's try to see how thin they can cut you meat, before you can say its a vegetarian this place is happy to give you a good sized portion. Plenty of choice with vegetables (although you always get someone that wants what they don't have that night). Would I recommend it...... Yes in fact I'll be going back again soon :-)

2  Thank kimsie
Reviewed March 3, 2013

As this is our local only 2 mins walk away we decided we would give it a go for breakfast as we were going away so we thought we would eat before we left. Couldn't fault the breakfast i am a vegetarian and they cooked me veg sausage which were great eggs were fab if i had to have a moan brown toast would have been nice but i really can't fault them. Great choice and we go here at least 4 times a month (if not more) for the carvery which also is fab and the vegetarian option is lovely. Great value for money they are doing an excellent job keep up the good work.

3  Thank chris69kidderminster
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

You really need to time it well as when we arrived the veg and meet was dry and looked like it had been stood for hrs. I deinitly wouldn't recommend the island pool , for me I would rather pay an extra few pounds and have quality food. The service was ok and the toilets smealt a bit musty and run down. We were rather disappointed.