“As Good as the Best”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Usually, small town curry houses are pretty mediocre - I've visited many and there seems to be the feeling that small town people don't know their asian food hence why should we bother - let's just serve them up some rubbish.
Not so with the Paradise - foodwise it's on a par and (IMHO) better that those in the Lye. (And I've been going up there for donkeys years). I've also been a regular in Al Faisal's and Adils in Sparkbrook back in the late '70's/early 80's before Egon Ronay got in there!!
It's been a bit of a hit and miss with the Paradise over the last decade or so, in the past I've been in one week and it's been a bostin' meal - the next week has been disappointing.
This seesawed over a few years hence us going over to the Lye - but a couple of years ago I fancied a curry but didn't fancy the drive over to Lye so we dropped back in. We've now abandoned the Lye as I think the food here is superior and has been consistent since we began coming back. The chef seems to know his job. The management and staff are great and always welcoming. Take your own drinks too.
Very happy having a very decent curry house in close proximity.
They also were awarded a 5 Star Hygiene Cert back in the Winter which speaks volumes to me.
Great prices too.
I can't say it's the best in the world, but in this miserable little town, it's certainly a little corner of Paradise.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my friend a few weeks ago and loved it! The food was so tasty, shame I didnt have space for pudding! Loads of vegetarian dishes available, I was spoilt for choice! Wasnt rushed and had a very enjoyable evening here, will go back for sure! :)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you lookin for excellent food quality and service this is the balti house for you and the whole family

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Even compared against the vast choice of Indian restaurants we have in Manchester where we live, this ranks as one of the best Indian meals we have ever had. Visiting family over Christmas, we ate here on Christmas Day (my mother's idea - and what a good one!). The food was delicious (both for the veggies and the omnivores) and beautifully presented, and the service was friendly, attentive, but not over the top. Sister enjoyed an excellent traditional Xmas lunch rather than a curry, the vegetables were perfectly cooked and, as she couldn't manage them all, we all helped out! We will definitely be returning - and before next Xmas!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Since being refurbished the Paradise has been transformed into a pleasant, understated place to enjoy a wide menu of authentic balti dishes. The staff are attentive and an added bonus is that you can take your own choice of wines and spirits with you - beers are available at the bar.