“Excellent disabled facilities”

Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kidderminster
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed at the Premier Inn , Kidderminster as a means of breaking a long journey from Hampshire to Cumbria with my parents one of our party is mobility impaired and uses a wheelchair . The room provided for this person was very well equipped with a spacious wet room/ bathroom facility which made manoeuvring around and having a shower very easy. The lifts to access the reception and room levels were spacious enough for chair and others which was also a bonus. The Frankie and Bennies restaurant next door was fabulous for evening meal and breakfast ( it opens at 9am ) and as a Premier Inn resident a discount is given so very economical. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
OpsManager2013, Manager at Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Kidderminster Central Premier Inn. The hotel has 3 Universally Accessible rooms, 2 on Level 2 and 1 on Level 3. Frankie and Benny’s is situated next to the hotel, which many of our guests use after a long journey.

The kind comments are very much appreciated and we very much look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here with my partner. Lovely hotel in a converted old mill building. Very comfortable & very clean. Never stayed in a Premier Inn before so was very impressed about the whole experience. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Kidderminster Central. Slingfield Mill is almost 150 years old and the hotel has many original features including the beams within ‘ The Kitchen’ restaurant. The housekeeping team and hosts work hard and to a very high standard to make sure that our guests have an enjoyable stay.

We hope that you will stay at the hotel again and welcome your next visit.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The attraction details of tickets is very misleading and the wording needs to be addressed. The car parking can be expensive unless you work it right. But all in all the weekend went well

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I am a great fan of Premier Inns, in fact this was my third one in a fortnight. They always offer a very high standard of accomodation, friendly staff and great value for money.

I have stayed at the one in Kidderminster several times before and always found it great.

In the past I have always eaten in what they call 'The Kitchen' in the hotel. It is a small restaurant with a limited menu but good food and a perfect place to eat when you are tired after a long day and don't want to wander about.

On this occasion I was sent the usual text inviting me to book a table to 'Dine' with them and made a reservation.

When I arrived and looked at the current menu, however, I found that the service has been significantly cut back. They no longer have a chef on duty and main meals have effectively been reduced to four dishes that they can micro wave.

Becaause I was tired and already sitting down I chose the casserole and can best be described as very mediocre. It came with two six inch long stick like objects. No one could adequately tell me what these were but described them 'as casserole sticks'. The waiter said that many people found them hard ! They certainly had the look, taste & texture of cardboard !

I would have to stress that the staff were as concerned and friendly as always and seemed genuinely embarassed at what they had to serve.

Luckily the chef was back for breakfast which was the same high standard as usual.

This is still a great hotel in a good location with excellent staff. Still recommended but eat out, there are plenty of places.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JT410
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed on Christmas night.staff were very friendly and helpfulGreat location.Food very good.would have liked to know parking charges in advance.Booking didn't specify what type of room.We wanted a twin but got a double.I slept on the sofa bed,It was very uncomfortable,you could feel the springs.Informed staff in the morning and they happily provided a refund.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheresaGreen2014
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This premier inn is in the centre of Kidderminster and is sited in an old carpet weaving building. The conversion is excellent and you are right in the centre of town. The staff were warm and welcoming and the bedrooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast at £8;25 was not great as we had eat to wait for food to be cooked but overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My partner and I had a one night stay at this hotel. Whilst there is absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel - nice staff, good location and very clean and comfortable. Our gripe remains with Premier inn as a company.

We booked our stay a good two months in advance and having stayed in many Premier Inn's have found the 'meal deal' to be of very good value and quality - so we booked the meal deal alongside our stay.

On arrival the staff at reception were somewhat dismayed that Premier In had taken the booking as they had stopped doing the 'meal deal' at this hotel some time ago. The staff were very apologetic and refunded the cost of Dinner - very helpful thank you - and recommended various dining options in the local area.

We had chosen the meal deal, as previously mentioned, due to the good standard we have experienced and of course value for money - secondly for convienience - as my Partner suffers from a bad back and sometimes cant walk very far. It would have been helpful if Premier Inn had contacted us to inform us that the deal was no longer available - thus allowing us to research alternative dining options.

We didnt want to eat in the town centre as it was Saturday night and very busy by all accounts, we were recommended a good pub by the staff - unfortunately we had to walk there (half an hours walk) which didnt help my partner.

When we arrived home we e-mailed Premier Inn to inform them of the problem of our booking - their policy states they would contact us in 5 days to resolve the issue, as of todays date we have still not had a response. Shame on you Premier Inn :(. Like I said we have stayed with Premier Inn many times over the years and have also got 2 bookings in the Peak Distict and Manchester later this year - I hope they do 'Meal Deals'.

Like I said the Hotel is very good and everything you would expect (and we have experienced) from a Premier Inn. The Hotel is in a good location, close to town and easy to find. The building is very clean and modern - the staff were great and dealt with our issue helpfully and politely.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidderminster
Travelodge Kidderminster
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bewdley

Been to Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel? Share your experiences!