“JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kidderminster
Rowley Regis, England, United Kingdom
“JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Lovely hotel in Kiddy rooms very clean and spacious. Reception on 4th floor lifts available. Staff so friendly and accommodating. We were hungry when we arrived so ran over pizza hut for takeaway and then went to the bar on the 4th floor for 2 bottles of beer to have in our room before going out. Would have loved to stay for breakfast as it looked so nice but had an early start. For one of two nights it has everything you need. Close by Mcdonalds, M&S, Next, Debenhams etc...
I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Book early for better rate as our booking did go up £20 over a matter of 2 weeks.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Audichic69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located on a busy shopping park. Has an M&S, Boots and Debenhams. The hotel shares the building with Debenhams so look out for this signage and then you will find the hotel sign and entrance as its a little understated. You check-in on the top floor which is combined with the dining area. The rooms were spotless, quiet and warm. Lovely tall ceilings to. We ate in the dining area called 'the kitchen' and the food was lovely. The curry and mixed grill were amazing. The menu is not massive but adequate for choice and great value. The staff from the chef to the waiting in staff were terrific. Cannot fault their approach and they probably gave better service than some larger 4-5* establishments. Breakfast was every bit enjoyable as dinner and the whole eating area just worked well in its design. Bedrooms were beneath the top floor but if you walked down the stairs, you got to enjoy the architecture of the building. Town is ok but a great base for going on walks along the river or getting to the safari park. Overall a top notch stay. Defo come back again as family in the area. Good job Premier Inn and Staff whom operate this one.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Graham S
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at The Premier Inn Kidderminster for 2 nights last week and had a really good stay. We were warmly welcomed and had the car parking explained to us, I don't see what everyones problem is with the car parking it's very easy you just need to do a bit of forward thinking, we put money onto the car at 6.30 when the parking is free and put enough on to last until the morning at a reasonable hour when we'd had breakfast and were ready to leave, having lived in Kidderminster for 7 years and leaving 16 years ago I also knew where to safely park my car during the day so we didn't have yo pay parking fees.

Breakfasts were really good value for money with as much as you could eat and the staff serving breakfast were great, sociable and friendly, the rooms were clean and very comfortable and the shower was warm and easy to use, If I had a negative about the rooms it would be that as it is an old building and still has the original windows, they are very high and this makes the curtains really difficult to open and close.

My only other gripe is that the dirty coffee cup that we'd used on the first night was left in the room and not replaced after the housekeeper came in to make the bed.

Kidderminster is a great town and is a great starting point to explore The Midlands, we spent time in the town went to see the Severn Valley Railway (although we knew we wouldn't be able to travel on it). Then we travelled by rail into Birmingham which was only 30 mins away and was very cheap.

The Premier Inn is easy to find and on a great retail park but within easy reach of the town, There are a couple of great restaurants in the town, one of which we couldn't get into as it was fully booked had I known it was still as popular I would have booked in advance.

We ate in The Sher-E-Punjab in George Street just off Comberton Hill and an easy walk from the Hotel.

Would I stay there again........Definitely.......good value for money, and good food with friendly people.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is the second occasion on which I have used this hotel due to its central location and walking distance to local amenities.
Within easy walking distance you have shops pubs and restaurants as well as a massive supermarket.
The staff are helpful and friendly and there are a number of options for breakfast if you do not fancy the Premier Inn one.
Comfortable overnight stay in a clean and well kept room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent value for money, modern, clean welcoming and good location. Food very well presented and good quality, all you can eat breakfast is amazing. Staff amazingly helpful and friendly too, well done Premier Inn keep it up we will be back :-)

Room Tip: Room 1 for families great !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AshleyBuck
UK
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good location with easy access to a choice of restaurants. Room clean and enough space for 2 adults and a child.

Staff very friendly and keen to ensure everything is okay.

Good breakfast but a bit pricey.

Downside is that you have to pay for car park from early in the morning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pollycop
Kent
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the kidderminster premier inn, I always check the reviews before I book and it had one of the best reviews I have seen for premier inn five stars infact, but when I arrived I was greeted by the gentleman at the desk who was quite welcoming asked if I had stayed here before so I explained that this was my first time at kidderminster but I stay at premier inns as often as fifteen times a year so he went through the usual , ie goodnight sleep etc and told me where breakfast was in the morning but did not ask if I wanted one, he then gave us our pass for the room but when We went in noone had cleaned the room since the last customer the pillows were all bunched up and bedding all wrinkled so I went to reception where he looked for the lady who was working with him and she come down and she went and got more sheets and towels and replenished the tea n coffee but did not clean the bathroom or empty the bins and dint suggest that we go to the reception and have a complimentry coffee whilst doing it we sat in the room and watched, we did not check in until about 6.45 pm and she said she would have moved us to another room but that the hotel was full, which seemed strange because we heard very few people about that evening in fact the quitest hotel ever but it does only have fifty something rooms.
If the hotel had not have been so nice otherwise i would have been very cross, but what does concern me is I always get a survey after my stay online and I have always given them a good review but funny enough I did not get one so I was wondering who decides who gets the surveys.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidderminster
Travelodge Kidderminster
The Granary Hotel and Restaurant
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bewdley

Been to Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel? Share your experiences!