“Not a great experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Ranked #21 of 117 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A friendly, family run 18th Century Country Pub serving quality traditional ales and home cooked quality food. Family friendly with patio, beer garden and children's play area set in the historical village of Blakedown, Kiddermister.
west midlands
“Not a great experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Dropped in for a meal as we have passed this place many times and always wandered what it was like as it looks a lovely place............looks can be deceiving, i had chilli beef nachos and my wife had the thai fish cakes both of which where really good and tasty, for the main course we both had the surf and turf both of which were ordered as well done, the chef really needs how to cook steaks as they both came out rare not a bad difference, the worst part when i pointed it out to the lady that served us her reply was "oh yer it is" again not the best response to a complaint.... the rest of the menu maybe cooked really well but stay away from the steaks especially if you like well done, the value is real bad at £50 for 2 meals you do really expect better, honestly i have had better meals a 2 for 1 places.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Great meal, great staff. lovely surprize!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Not planning on having lunch, my wife and I were driving past when our daughter needed a toilet stop so we decided to pull into The Swan for coffee's. Once there we looked at the lunch specials and with the sun shining decided to stay for lunch. The garden is great for kids and our daughter loved the play area giving us parents a much needed rest !!
Service was prompt and food excellent. Just what you want when you’re stopping for a quick lunch. Great atmosphere and all in all we felt we'd found a little gem that we would not have planned to visit.
Will definitely be going back again but this time it will be planned so we have more time and bigger appetites! Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2012
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I visited this recently with my husband.
There was no steak. Generally the food was very mediocre for the money. Not at all what we had expected. Starters were good. Mains were tasteless and not very hot.
Wouldn't go back.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Porshe8888
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Best Roast Ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have never left a review for a restaurant before, but after stopping off here on our way home from the airport I had to share our experience.
My wife and I had been in Spain for a week and always seem to crave gravy on our return so we both ordered the trio of meats roast. What we were served was the best roast I have ever eaten outside of my own home.The meat is clearly from a quality butcher and was cooked well.
All of the accompaniments were fantastic especially the giant yourkshire puds and all the veg was lovely and fresh. We didn't have room for pudding but the guys next to us had some really nice and big looking pies or cakes of some description.
The atmosphere was nice, mixture of friendly locals and families drinking and dining.
Our kids weren't with us but I would definitely feel happy taking them here as the owners kids were very friendly and there is a nice garden out the back.
The menu is fairly traditional but with some nice contempary dishes I would be keen to try when I do return ASAP!

• Visited August 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
“No great shakes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Ok, just ok. Soup was late coming and lukewarm. They did quickly apologise and reheat it. My grilled Cod was good, my friends Haddock not so. Didn't stay for dessert. Also, there was a dog allowed in the area where we were eating. I love dogs and I am used to my mutt begging for goodies while I'm eating, but not everyone feels that way and it's probably unhygienic in a public eatery.

2 Thank Ezekie
Theswanblakedown, Owner at The Swan, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We aim to please all our customers and we apologise we failed to do this on your visit however we do allow dogs on a lead into the tiled bar area and not the restaurant area where the majority of customers eat. We are glad you enjoyed your cod and surprised to read your comment on the haddock as we do not have haddock on the menu so it would have been cod which would have been cut from the same fish and tasted rather different to haddock.
We Thank you for your constructive feedback.