“Another really good evening”
Review of Vaccaro's Deli & Bistro - CLOSED

Vaccaro's Deli & Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Vaccaro's is a small Italian Delicatessan that has just branched out into doing 3 course 'home cooked' Italian evening meals in addition to the daily delicatessan and lunchtime panini style light bites and coffee. The meals are 3 course and include a glass of wine all for £10, and any further drinks are additional to the cost. Absolutely tremendous value for the quality food produced by owner and cook Lydia. The evening meals is a new venture branching out further from the established daytime business. There is a capacity for about 15 customers to be seated but this adds to an intimate and friendly atmosphere.I am told she can cater for private parties of up to 20 people. I believe it has been ongoing since April 2011 and having visited three times with my family I have to praise it highly for value and quality. I believe that this venture deserves to be supported and advertised on your website. The panini's at lunchtime are excellent vale at £2.50 each. Being half Italian myself I can vouch that the menu has a genuine 'family cooked' feel about it.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We visited Vaccaros again on Saturday 15 September with two friends. As always the food was excellent, the service was friendly and the whole atmosphere was welcoming - all the qualities you need for a great night out at very reasonable prices.

4  Thank richard1946

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I spent £8.80 here on two drinks (soft), lasagne and linguine and meatballs.
The food does come in smaller bowls/plates than you might get in some restaurants but I was full afterwards.

I have had plenty of Dolmio and the tomato sauce didn't taste or look like Dolmio to me! It was rich and tasty.

When you consider you can pay £4 / £5 for a jacket potato and filling in tea rooms etc this place is brilliant value for money. The wife and husband team are friendly. The food is clearly cooked to order but we didn't wait long.

The inside of the place is interesting in that none of the tables and chairs match but this didn't matter at all.

4  Thank jonosmithuk
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place is fantastic and the couple that own it cannot do enough for you, the bad reviews on here are silly, i have been to many restaurants even Rick Steins but this is homely , and the home cooked food is brilliant. Its like being in little Italy and instead of reading the bad reviews take my advise and try it, you will be suprised at how fantastic it is

5  Thank Lois G
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had been wanting to go to vaccoros for a long time,and phoned up on the of chance,a polite women answered the phone and was very helpful,the next day we had our meal, I really enjoyed it,the people in there were lovley,the service was great and as for the food,well,will defenetly be going again.

5  Thank Spoul12
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Having read all these reviews I am amazed how many people give such good write ups .I thought that this is a place I must go but sadly I was extremely disappointed and I agree with one of the others that the dishes were full of dolmio sauce.It was suggested that this is home Italian cooking having been to Italy many times and stayed in the country side I can state that it is not. I cannot understand why so many people rate it so highly!!

6  Thank Geoffrey R