“Family friendly fab food!!”
Review of The Lock Inn

The Lock Inn
Ranked #14 of 129 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A friendly village pub located on the picturesque Staffs and Worcestershire canal. Our aim is to serve good homecooked food using locally sourced ingredients. All our beef comes from the Bishop family farm located less than a mile away on Blakeshall lane.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I visited this pub on the way back from visiting family on the off chance of a quick bite to eat. Pub was quite busy but I was immediately dealt with and shown to a table in the lounge. Drinks ordered and was left to look through the menu. 1of the party was gluten free and was informed by waitress that chef could cater as food made fresh. Well food did not disappoint -2 had burgers, 2 had steaks gluten free had a beautiful salad and one other had a lasagne! Amazing and clearly home made. Never tasted a burger like it after sampling and steaks were cooked perfectly!! Deffo value for money!!
Will be back again soon and will venture to tearoom as the cakes look wonderful! Fab service too

Reviewed October 28, 2012

great location, good to walk to and have a snack.lovely home cooked chips and nice sandwiches/baguettes. we visit often with dogs.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Often pop in for a meal or snack being local & recently remembering having had a lovely cheese & chip baguette from them ages ago mentioned it & even though it wasn't on the menu they made me one . It was as nice as I remembered

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our friend had booked a table here for a few of us to eat (around 10 people), we all had the burgers and we were not dissapointed. The food was beautiful, the staff were very friendly. And whats even better you can take your dogs into the bar area. Such a lovely place to eat and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I went out for a meal with a group of friends. Out of 16 of us 3 meals went back. I ordered ham, egg and chips because it is not something I would cook at home for myself. The so called ham was just bits of stringy pork hock and extremely salty. That was hidden by two overcooked fried eggs. The chips were hard and dry as if they had been cooked, then cooked again and kept warm. Like the other two who weren't happy I took my meal back to the hatch and was smirked at by the two cooks who looked more fitting to be jobbing builders! I told them it was the worst pub meal I have ever been served with and they just said 'thank you for your service' ie for taking the plate to the hatch. I wouldn't go in there again if I was starving. Apparently I found out there is a much better and cheaper place just up the road. £4.99 was damned expensive for that plate of rubbish.

4  Thank LoughboroughCaz