“2 for 1 - mmmmmm???”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“2 for 1 - mmmmmm???”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Staff were fine and helpful.
Meals for our group were variable and 2 for 1 on Main Meals fools you.
£10+ for pub fish and chips is a bit excessive and my choice of Lancashire Hotpot was abysmal - small portion, boiled potatoes, much gravy, meat difficult to spot, and puzzled at addition of a half french stick and butter. Need to check recipe or visit Lancashire.
Won`t be hurrying back there.

1 Thank Roy C

“Yet again staff a nightmare!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This is the second review I have written because I'm incensed! Foods ok but the staff are another matter. The management need to get these people doing the job they are paid for. Too much chatting with mates, not enough customer care.

1 Thank Withymoor
Halesowen, England, United Kingdom
“Would visit again.....”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Service & food (2 for1) were very good & the atmosphere was very pleasant, the pub in general was busy but not too busy. Would definitely re-visit this pub again.

Visited December 2012
Hagley, United Kingdom
“Useless Staff”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is one of those places you drive passed a thousand times and think "I must give that place a go" so my wife and I took our 2 boys for an early evening meal, New Year's day.
I have always received emails from Marston's, telling how warm and friendly the welcome is.... So here goes....
We walked in... The place was very quiet. Still No welcome/greet
I asked for a pint of the "Ale of the week". Looking at me with a blank expression the young guy behind the bar asked me, "Have we got that one in?"
I replied "You work here.You tell me!"
Then we sat, totally ignored by three staff, one of which had to finish what must have been a really important conversation with her colleague. Important enough for us to remain ignored for a further 15 minutes!
Eventually, the food arrived. The kids' burgers looked impressive. This was overshadowed by the fact that my wife's medium steak was cold through. Accordingly, it was returned to the kitchen.
We also ordered a bottle of red wine and 2 glasses with the main course. The glasses and the wine never arrived.
Overall, a pretty woeful dining experience. One never to be repeated.
I honestly believe that none of the Management here have never read a single review on this place. The staff here are utterly useless and need replacing.
If you are thinking of dining out with friends or family, I would strongly recommend giving the Park Gate Inn a miss. Total disappointment.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank Steakbloke
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Usual good quality”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Love this pub. Always cheerful staff and an extensive varied menu especially the specials board. Can eat indoors or outdoors during the summer (?)
A bargain at 2 for 1