“Average only”

Ranked #48 of 133 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Called in last night on the spur of the moment , did not think the place had much atmosphere, although staff were friendly. I had barbequed spare ribs which I found quite dry and over cooked however they did bring me some barbeque sauce when I asked and this made them less dry., my partner had hot and sour soup which he said was very nice. The king prawn curry was ok have had better, the chicken chow men was again ok but nothing special, my rice which I was told had been kept warm in the oven was very hard and not soft and fluffy. Really could not rate this meal any mor than average and that is being generous

Reviewed October 7, 2012

A friend and I had our second visit yesterday while in town for the Severn Valley Railway diesel gala. The place remains a bit spartan and with a very uninspiring frontage. However, the service is friendly, polite, swift and very efficient. We had one of the set dinners for two and everything was excellent, with the crispy fried beef being the tastiest I've ever had by a very long way. I wish I lived closer although my waistline would certainly suffer, big time!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Tony and LIsa have been here since the beging of time it seems . I have visited the chung ying regularly for at least the last 25years plus and the food has always been top quallity ,Tony,s beef in birds nest is my wifes favorit it is extremly moreish my favorit well mm i have had everything off the menu over the years the banquet is a favorit though.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

On visiting the area to go to the theatre and not knowing anywhere to eat, we looked on trusty Google and found Chung Ying. Just where we needed it to be and with excellent reviews. Our party was a family of 5 ranging from an 11 year old lad to my 65+ mother. We were looking for fantastic value, excellent range and beautiful food. We weren't disappointed. The food was delicious and delivered quickly, with a huge amount of choice and a friendly, warm atmosphere. Independently, every single one of our party commented that this was probably the best Chinese meal we have ever had! Can't find fault, apart from the non too inviting exterior, but once in you could have been anywhere. Very impressive, extremely enjoyable and we will definitely return! 5 star all the way!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The Chung Ying for us sets the standard by which we judge any other chinese restaurants and so far it has not been beaten. Although in an unremarkable location, the food is fantastic and the staff courteous and friendly.

2  Thank wolverleytech