“Brilliant family meal with friendly staff”
Review of Mitre Oak

Mitre Oak
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Hartlebury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
bewdley
“Brilliant family meal with friendly staff”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited this pub last night for a family reunion meal with twenty family members, travelling from far and wide, the staff were brilliant and attentive, constantly offering us more drinks, the food was beautiful we all enjoyed our starters and mains and the take your desert home idea was brilliant for those who couldn't fit their deserts in at the time, i really enjoyed my chocolate fudge cake in front of Eastenders that night. Will definatley be revisiting!

Worcester, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable meal at a very competitive price”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Mitre Oak always provides good food at an excellent price. The Two for One offer covers all their main courses and offers dishes for every taste. Don't forget to also check the "specials board" and to ask for a change of vegetables if they are included with the dish you choose. The staff are always very friendly and helpful, including getting drinks from the bar if required. If you are looking for somewhere on a budget, or just want to pop in for a quick meal to avoid cooking, then the Mitre Oak is definitely worth a visit.

WORCESTERSHIRE
“Not good Managment”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Food very poor, and served cold. Not offered drinks when meal finally arrived, and not asked if we enjoyed the meal. Overall service...dissapointing. Was seated close to the bar... very abrupt woman working there..could be heard arguing with customers. Made me think I would not mention my own experience...definatly wont be going back. Shame as letting other Marstons name down as others really have been very good.

5 Thank andypye1
Kidderminster, England
“Rude Manageress - No Customer Service Skills”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Never have I experienced such a rude and sarcastic manageress. Food was served at different times as food due to gammon being cold. My meal was average..chicken very tough and chewy. Thought we would mention it to the manager when paying bill as normally you would be asked if you enjoyed your meals. Dont no how she can call herself a manager (looking at reviews on here and other websites..maybe marstons should consider who they get to run this pub..she wasnt capable of running herself!) Her attitude was awlful, she was defensive when all we do was try to make her aware chicken was tough). I asked her for website so I could make a complaint about her service...in which she just sed in a sarcatic tone www.marston.co.uk. I asked if she could write it down, muttering to herself she did. I asked her name ..she sed again in an agressive tone ..Natalie Ealvin and then said i suppose you want me to write that down too. She asked my partner to pay the bill and for us to leave. Never have I been made to feel so devalued.This was supposed to be a Mothers Day treat for me and my family.I have visited lots of other Marstons before and have always recieved good food and service. Marstons..I will be taking this futher directly to you..I really recommend you take all these reviews into consideration and make what is a nice pub appealing for families to visit. I do not understand how such a vile rude person can be put in charge of a Marstons chain.

5 Thank zoe1973
Worcester, United Kingdom
“time for a change”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have been customers of the Mitre Oak for some years now and on the whole have enjoyed our meals, the person who said a party of some 40 went and had a fantastic time probably did meeting up with friends and family, having a specially allocated room and undivided attention. Sadly it is not always the same when there are only 2 or 3 of you sometimes the wait can be quite long. It is true what someone else said, the place is looking rather dated now and could well do with refurbishing and replacing some of the worn furniture. There does not seem to be as many staff there as there once was and those that are there seem to be rushing backwards and forwards like headless chickens. People like to eat in a relaxed atmosphere where the welcome is warm and genuine but this has been lacking on our last two visits. This place is in a superb postion and it is well worth spending some money on it bringing it upto date a bit more and employing some more staff.

• Visited February 2013