“Will certainly return”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tap House

The Tap House
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Hartlebury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Under New Management Relaxed friendly country pub and Restaurant with on site micro brewery, Serving a great range of home brewed ales.Complimented by a wide range of Home cooked food at great value for money. Bar with separate Dining area, also suitable for private Dining and Functions.
Worcester UK
“Will certainly return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband took me here for a birthday meal and it was better than we both expected it to be. The whole conversion is very tastefully done and the restaurant is nicely separated from the bar area. The decor is of a high quality and is very restful and welcoming.
We each had three courses and were delighted with our choices and could not find fault with either the delicious food or the friendly service. Our only problem was choosing what to order!
Prices are average for this area in this type of restaurant and we certainly felt that we received value for money.
We will certainly return

, General Manager at The Tap House, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Nessief
Thank you very much for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your visit to The Old Ticket Office.
Kind Regards
Richard Hill

worcestershire
“A few niggles spoil a really nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have eaten here twice now and the first time was extremely good, the decor is lovely, the food was of a good quality at a reasonable price, not cheap but also not really expensive, 3 courses with wine around £70 per couple. The grand piano playing in the back ground made for a lovely atmosphere. The only little problem this time was with the bill where a more expensive wine had been put on the bill. This was ammended with an apology. This last weekend we visited again. The starter which two of our party were looking forward to was not on but that is the luck of the draw, the real problem came with the main courses. First the wrong meal was brought out to 1 of us. This was replaced quite quickly however with the correct dish. Petty we hadn't kept the first offering though. The problem meals ordered were fish pie @ £15.95 each. For that amount we were expecting something quite luxurious. BUT... the initial impression was that the mash on the top had not been under the grill or had any cheese on so it looked quite insipid. When the very soft mash was dug into the pie consisted of a very runny sauce and not a lot else. To the credit of the staff they noticed there was a problem and removed both the meals from the bill with a generous apology. All other meals were very good but this did put quite a damper on the night. There was also no grand piano playing and no back ground music to replace it which for a busy Saturday would have been nice. We also noticed that one of the 'special' starters, the dearest on the menu had been charged at £8.50 not £7.50 as the menu stated. We did not bother mentioning this £1 error but two visits and two bill errors was not the best impression. SO OVERALL..... the food is very good depending on your choice, the staff are very friendly and they deal with complaints very courteously, but always check your bill carefully. We will probably give it one more try again and maybe it will be fault free. Watch this space!

, General Manager at The Tap House, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Chrisontour
Thank you for taking the time to review The Old Ticket Office. Once again my I say sorry that the main course Fish Pie was not to our usual standard. I am very happy not to charge for any dish if the customer is not 100% happy with it, and I am sorry if this spoiled the evening for you. I am afraid it is simply not possible to have a pianist every night of the week, and I am sorry if you were looking forward to hearing him play again. Background music is played through our sound system, which perhaps may have frozen as it is connected to the internet, or the volume too low. I have checked the specials menu and the scallop dish is £8.50. I very much hope you will try us again, and thank you for your valuable feedback.
Kind Regards Richard Hill
General manager
Hartlebury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Menu - But lacked acclaimed atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Me, my wife and some friends visited last Saturday evening (9th June) - It was a celebration meal and the food was absolutely fantastic as is also the décor of the restaurant - We were recommended the ticket office by a friend and it sounded like a lovely place!! Our only disappointments were that they seemed short staffed - Had to ask several times for another bottle of White wine and there was a piano to the side of restaurant but no pianist - The website had said there would be a classic piano player - so this was a real disappointment!! However we will visit again, perhaps we just visited on a one of "not so good" night - I can see that Katy O ryans' has great potential!

• Visited June 2012
Rich878, General Manager at The Tap House, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear matt Cook 38
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent visit to The Old Ticket Office.
I am glad you enjoyed the food and the decor of our restaurant. We do have a Grand Piano in the restaurant, this is normally used at the weekend, however our regular pianist was not available on this occasion, so music was played via the internal sound system. I am sorry if his absence was missed. I am sorry if you had to ask more than once for your wine, this is not our normal level of service and I can assure you that I will look into this lapse.
Hopefully we can soon welcome you back to the Old Ticket Office where you can be assured of our best attention.
Kind Regards Richard Hill
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Re-Vamped Since Opening Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We initially tried this restaurant when it first opened and had a bad experience. However, I have to say being local and hearing recent recommendations we decided to give it another go.
We are pleased we did as due to a change in staff the service and food was more than topping the scales and up there with it's competition the White Hart in Hartlebury.
The only thing I would say is for a Friday night and the amount of tables, they needed a second member of waiting staff to assist in the restaurant.
That aside and all things being equal I would have no hesitation in eating here again.

• Visited May 2012
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Good food,good atmosphere,good service,good value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

My wife and I visited the restaurant on the recommendation of a friend.
We will return,and have invited the rest of our family to join us.

• Visited May 2012