“Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Indiana

Quality Inn & Suites Indiana
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
“Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stay here often in the winter months, or when I have late night classes at IUP. Even after several months in between stays, the staff remembered my name and they go out of their way to make sure my stay is comfortable!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Summerhill, Pa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Where to begin... I booked 2 rooms and neither were ready on time. When they were finally ready, 1 room was correct and the other I feel they put us in because the room we were to have wasn't ready. I booked a room with 2 queen beds and that is not where they put us. After being moved to the correct room that evening when I went to shower my 4 year old daughter, the drain would not open for the water to go down. Maintenence came and pulled the plug out and laid it in the tub and said it was fixed. After complaining, they wanted to move us again at 9:30 at night. I had 2 sleeping kids so I wasn't doing it. They would not credit my account only wanted to offer me a free night stay at some other point. That WILL NOT be happening!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank luv4kids

Travelers are raving about these Indiana hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

great hotel option when visiting IUP. good value for decent breakfast & outdoor pool.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
lebanon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

Back in August we booked a room for the purpose of taking our son back to college. When we arrived the people ahead of us were having a problem withe the clerk at the desk. He wanted to charge them a higher rate than what they had booked online. He insisted he didnot have to honor that rate and told them that was the rate and they must pay it to stay. Reluctantly they paid it but were very upset. Then it was my turn. He insisted that I had booked two rooms instead of the one I had booked. I showed him my confirmation paper an I thought I had it resolved. I stayed my stay got my receipt for the one room and left thinking everything was ok. When my credit card statement came they had charged me for two rooms. I immediately called the Quality and I talked to the clerk who waited on me. He insisted I had booked two rooms and woulnot refund my card. I asked to speak to the manager and of course he was not there. The clerk promised the manager would call me but of course he didnot. I called my credit card co and they credited my card until they could get this settled. I also called the Choice Privileges and reported them also. They looked up my reservation and found that it was a computer error and immediatly called the Quality and asked them to refund my card. They were reluctant but after about a week my card was refunded. The clerk was rude and lied to me and very un customer friendly. I since have talked to many other college parents and have heard many other bad experiences at this hotel. Just a note folks.. There are many other fine places to stay in Indiana Pa that are VERY customer friendly and will bend over backwards to make your stay a great one. Dont stay here unless you want to get taken!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tank1953
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

I reserved a non-smoking room, which was conveniently located on the first floor near the parking lot. However, as I was getting ready for bed, I started to smell cigarette smoke. It was seeping into my room from the lounge around the corner. I called the front desk to see what could be done, and the receptionist said there was nothing they could do. Really?!! She sounded as if this wasn't the first complaint they received. Why do they have non-smoking rooms on the first floor near the smoke-filled lounge, knowing that the smoke travels down the hall into the rooms? I asked for another room and was relocated to the second floor, which, I was told, is all non-smoking. But I was charged extra because the room was a double and my original room was a single. Poor practices.

This is not a nice hotel. It's old and outdated. If you can get past that, be aware of the smoking issue. It's awful. I even saw someone smoking in the lobby bathroom. What?!!

Also, the hotel advertises that it has a fitness center, but it's an old stationary bike with a fan in the wheel well, a treadmill from 1980 and a stair climber from who knows when. All in a very dingy room with no ventilation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank foobee9
qualityindiana, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Indiana, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Thank you for your comments and for staying at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are always working towards improving our product and service. We have recently completed a $1 million renovation of the Quality Inn and Suites and hope that you will visit us again in the future so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations. Sincerely, Neelam Brahmbhatt, general manager, Quality Inn and Suites, Indiana, PA 724-349-9620.
WV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

I was in town because my mother was sick and in the hospital so I was hoping for a nice place to lay my head at the end of the day. This hotel has been claiming that they're under renovation for quite some time. It was dirty. There was junk piled under the stair wells. The doors to enter the building are supposed to be locked and require your key card to enter but they were all unlocked every time I entered. There was a knob missing on my heater, therefore I had to remove the knob from one control to place on the other control to adjust the heat and the heater had to be turned off when I was ready to go to sleep because it made the most God awful LOUD squeaking sound. There was a constant drip in the bathroom sink. And the front desk could not accomodate me with a bottle opener or with tylenol. AND the breakfast was extremely skimpy. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank girltravelor70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Hilton Garden Inn Indiana at IUP
Days Inn Indiana
#6 of 7 in Indiana
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Indiana? Share your experiences!