“Good food but a bit overpriced”
Review of Nap's Cucina Mia

Nap's Cucina Mia
Ranked #7 of 111 Restaurants in Indiana
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

One of those places where you pay for the atmosphere. It is a very nice restaurant - perfect for a date night. However, expect to pay top-dollar for everything.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My first visit to this restaurant was an incredibly unpleasant one. Although we were greeted and seated, we were never given menus or approached by wait staff. When 4 separate groups that came in after us were having there orders taken, we walked out! I vowed to never return.

However, when my friend convinced me to join her there for dinner, it was a completely different experience. I have returned several times since.

The food is fabulous! Chef Nick makes an awesome steak and I really enjoy the roasted vegetables. I like to sit at the bar. Although the service is indeed, slow, I can enjoy a glass (or two) of wine while I watch the guys create some delicious looking dishes.

If you don't arrive ravenous, as I did my first visit, you will have a much better experience.

2  Thank shannonthetraveler
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Traveling here for work and the town is dead. Food stinks at most places. This place was the best I found. It would never compare to a big city Italian restaurant. Service is slow so if you are in a rush don't bother. Patients will get you a great meal in Indiana, pa and at the place. Wait staff was excellent. Prices were fair. Bread was fresh. I would highly suggest

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you love great italian food and friendly service, you'll love this place. Its small and the kitchen is in the middle of the restaurant which gives it a warm feeling. The steaks are fantastic and the pasta dishes are as well. I really like the calamari appetizer over beans. Everything is made fresh, so if you're in a rush, go somewhere else. I prefer to take my time, enjoy my wine and savor the wonderful food. Life is too hectic, take some time to smell the roses...and the wonderful steaks!!!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Naps is the place to eat in Indiana--I've never had a bad meal here, and I've had everything on the regular menu except for the antipasta salad--because I'm a geek for the caprese, and the pasta alla panna because I don't like white sauces.

The pomodoro with seafood is otherworldly--highly recommended, and the nonna's sauce is just like you'd expect the chef's grandmother to make (it's her recipe)--I like that one with ziti, and the olive oil and garlic with radiatore.

This isn't fast food--it's good food that would cost a lot more in a bigger town. Its a small place, with limited seating and a polite, efficient staff. The chef and his staff prepare your food in an open kitchen where you can watch them work--everything fresh and handmade. The wine list, though limited, is always well-considered and delightful--although I usually have a Penn Pilsner with my meal.

1  Thank JunkChuck

Been to Nap's Cucina Mia? Share your experiences!