“Take my advice and others....”

Best Western Indiana Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
Baltimore, Maryland
“Take my advice and others....”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My brothers and sister in law and I booked jacuzzi suites. The room one of my my brothers got was run down, (furniture below standards, wall paper border missing in one large space, bathroom could have been cleaner.) The room I had was a bit run down. I was totally disguisted when I puled down the top sheet to find a DIRTY fitted sheet. It looked like someone had eaten crackers and left stains on the sheet and that the bed was simply re-made. In fairness to the hotel, I received a discount. Also, the floor that I was on was loud several times in the middle of the night. What really got me were the bones (I think chicken wing bones...) in the hallway when I left in the morning.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank chrise85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Milton, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Our extended family recently had reserved multiple rooms for several days, as we had stayed there when we were in town five years ago. At that time it was a cheap hotel...not too nice, but clean basic hotel. Big change this time around!! Rooms had a very bad smell in them! I am not sure if it was a smoke smell with lots of cleaning product mixed in or what, but it was terrible! There were several other cleaning issues with all of our rooms, but there were other issues such as the shower curtain rod about to fall off the wall, the safety latches on the doors were either broken or falling off of the doors, wall paper peeling off of the walls, mold around the shower....etc. There are way too many issues to list them all. Needless to say we did not complete our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Cord_N_Nation

Travelers are raving about these Indiana hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Hotel staff is doing a fine job, but they don't have much to work with. Hotel smells a little musty. Construction is sloppy. Furniture is on the verge of falling apart. If you do stay, ask for 2nd or 3rd floor because the first floor smells much worse.

Still, there are so few places to stay in Indiana, and the decent ones are too pricey. The room was clean. Free coffee in the lobby was passable. If you are just sleeping at the hotel and then getting out to do other things, then this hotel might be okay.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
pennsylvania
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My husband and I loaded up the van with a 21st Birthday Party for our daughter a student at IUP. Call the Super 8 and reserved a room, then I read the reviews. Our room was very nice, clean, smelled good, we had nice hot showers. I was great! Breakfast was a little putzy, as long as there was coffee, we were fine, It's close to Wal-Mart and other shops, and resturants.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FlowerGirl50
mptrn64
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I stayed at the super 8 for "family weekend" for IUP this past weekend. Checking in on Thursday Oct29th for 3 nights. Let me start by saying that in my 45 years of life I have never had a more disappointing stay! When I checked in on Thursday night (room 123) there was not light in the bathroom, a shower curtain rod that was falling off the wall and mold on the bathroom wall. I went to the front desk and the young girl at the desk told me that she did not have a light bulb. I had to wait until Saturday to get a bulb and had to replace it my self. Also, at that time I told the front desk person about the shower curtain rod falling off the wall. She at that time wrote both of this "issues on a tablet and told me it would be taken care of. On Friday I left my room at 11.30am and when I returned the room was not cleaned...When I went to the front desk I was told housekeeping was gone and there was nothing she could do....this was the same person who gave me a light bulb and did give me some fresh towels...She wrote down the shower curtain issue in "a book" and assured us it would be taken care of....My second party checked in to room 120 on Friday. There was no refrigerator in the room and is marketed as nonsmoking with a strong odor of smoke!. When I went down to the desk...I was told that not all the rooms have refrigerators...even though when I call directly to the hotel to make my reservation I was told I would have a refrigerator in both rooms and brought food and drinks that needed to be refrigerated and basically too bad because all of the rooms were booked. The water coming from the ice machine consistently runs and is very dangerous! not to mention makes the hall odoriferous....Well, tonight is Saturday night still with a broken shower curtain rod....water in the hall. I have never been so disappointing and would like to know who at a corporate level I could discuss these issues with especially the mold in the bathroom and water in the hallway.... both huge health issues! If there was another hotel with a room for the weekend I would have been out of here!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank mptrn64
USA
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My experience was similar to another poster. Stay away from this disgusting hotel. There was dirt/mud/other on the walls. The blankets in my nonsmoking room had cigarette burns. Left me only 2 towels. The floor was filthy. The comforters had some strange black substance on them. I was there on business and it was impossible to do work. I saw "wierd" things going on in the lobby with a young woman that works there and male guests--you take a guess but I was made to feel very uncomfortable. The doors shook whenever anyone in a nearby room entered or exicted. The lobby was filthy and breakfast was disgusting. Only plus was the check-in girl was very friendly. Smelled bady, stuffy, and disgusting. Please don't take your family here!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank wanderlustgurl
Iowa
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Disgusting rooms with holes in the wall, cigarette butts on the floor (in a non smoking room), stains on the walls, cockroaches crawling on the walls. It was the most horrible place I have ever stayed. We got into town late after driving 16 hours and had no other place to stay as all other hotels were booked. My children were in tears and we did not sleep all night as we had to be on the lookout for bugs. We were traveling with others and we would have left and kept going but they were in no condition to be driving any longer. The breakfast was horrible, watered down juice, stale cereal. GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!!!!!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Probably have to say the cockroaches
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank specialkgirls
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Hilton Garden Inn Indiana at IUP
Days Inn Indiana
Days Inn Indiana
#6 of 7 in Indiana
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville

Been to Best Western Indiana Inn? Share your experiences!