“wonderful lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Returned to visit a college friend and met for lunch at a beautifully restored victorian home in downtown Indiana, PA. Benjamin's. Had great service and an outstanding menu. Beautiful outdoor patio for a beautfil day to be oustside. The food is fresh, and restaurant is very clean and very pleasing atmosphere. The windows were spotless. Had an excellent salad and homemade soup. But the most spectacular was the dessert menu. A tray of homemade fresh delights were presented and we had Italian lemon rum cake and turtle cheese cake. Both were to die for. I live about 2 hours away from Indiana,,, but I would make the trip for dinner and lunch (and homemade pastas) anytime. The desserts alone would be worth the drive. I highly recommend Benajamin's and can't wait to go back. Great food for the money.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a victorian home with lots of places for seating. The service was excellent and so was the food.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food was very tasty and a great price, waiter was extremely attentive, and I was entertained that the bathroom actually was a bathroom with full claw-foot tub!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

At our daughter’s recommendation, we went to Benjamin’s Restaurant while we were visiting Indiana. The décor at Benjamin’s is Victorian. It is a beautiful setting for a restaurant.

We were shown to our table as soon as we arrived. Our server, Sue explained the specials as well as answering questions we had about items on the regular menu.

Our server brought out homemade bread with our drinks. We ordered the hot crab and artichoke dip as an appetizer. It consisted of crabmeat and artichokes in Benjamin’s spicy (but not too spicy) sauce. The dip was warm and served with tortilla chips. It was very good.

My wife ordered the “flat iron” steak. It was a ½ pound grilled steak topped with sautéed onions and mushrooms. It was very tender. It was served with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. She enjoyed it very much.

Our daughter ordered the Lafayette chicken. It consisted of chicken breast sautéed with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and asparagus tips served in a light herbal white wine sauce. She got a house salad, and got the garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli with her entrée. She said that her entrée was outstanding.

I opted for the shrimp special. I believe there six different ways you could have the shrimp prepared. To make it even better, you could eat all the shrimp you wanted.

I ordered the skewered blackened shrimp to start. As soon as I ordered, Sue took my order for more shrimp so that when I finished the first round of shrimp she brought out more. I ordered the skewered bbq, then shrimp scampi and finally more blackened shrimp. I would like to have tried the other shrimp dishes, but I could not eat another bite. Everything I had was excellent, but I enjoyed the blackened shrimp the most.

At Benjamin’s they bring out the available desserts and let you choose which one you like. We opted for the tiramisu. It was light and delicious.

Both the food and the service were outstanding. Benjamin’s has outdoor seating available. We are looking forward to visiting Indiana when the weather is warmer, so that we can sit outside.

1  Thank hoopscoach-dmar
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place, in my opinion, is best in the warmer months when they've opened their outdoor seating area. It is wonderful to be able to sit outside and enjoy your evening meal. The food is very good and they have very nice wait-staff. The bar area is nice for outdoor parties or just for a relaxing happy hour.