“What a wonderful surprise!"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indiana
Heritage House Suites
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“What a wonderful surprise!"”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We loved it. Character, comfort and fun. Thanks. The fun of staying in such an historic place was thoroughly enjoyed. The location allowed us to walk anywhere in town we wanted and Katie and Alex, the women who settled us in were delightful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank laurahorner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed in Indiana because my parents used to live there. We then ventured to Punxsutawney for Groundhog Day activities. Our stay in Indaiana was made to be an amazingly relaxing few days as our suite was so spacious, clean, well appointed, and well managed. We fully intend to return and stay here again.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed here while attending the graduation of our son from IUP, and had a wonderful experience. Our room was well appointed and the arrangement comfortable, though given that the beds were in a loft, a guest with limited mobility when it comes to narrow stairs might wish to consider a different room. The location of the house was very convenient to the University. I'd certainly recommend the Heritage House to anyone looking for a place to stay in Indiana, PA.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Folsom, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Staying at the Heritage House Suites was wonderful and a great value. A colleague and I stayed in a suite that had two separate bedrooms for just $125 - we would have spent at least $200 for two rooms in any other hotel in the area. The staff were very nice, the rooms were clean and beautiful, and we enjoyed the complimentary snacks that were left for us. If I have to travel to Indiana again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hummelstown
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My family just returned from a long homecoming weekend at Indiana, PA. We originally were booked at a local hotel but I was able to have us placed on the waiting list at Heritage House after I discovered it here on tripadvisor. I was very excited when I received a call from Paula about a week before our trip offering us "The Maid's Quarters".

She was upfront that it wouldn't be "perfect" for our family of five because there was only one bed but she said that she would be sure to get an air mattress, etc for our kids. Given the space - a bedroom, living room/dining room combo, bathroom and kitchen - there was plenty of space for the air mattress and cot that Katie kindly put in the suite for us. Of course a separate space would have been better, but this worked out just fine.

Paula also mentioned that it was a bit of a hike up to the room which was on the top floor. It was precisely 41 steps (!) but we knew that going in. Again, I'd prefer a room on a lower floor in the future, but who can complain about this great place.

If you stay at Heritage House you can walk to IUP's campus and to Philadelphia Street. That is a huge bonus all by itself, especially during a busy weekend like homecoming! They have a private parking lot for your car, so you could very realistically park your car when you arrive and never move it again until you leave.

The house also has a beautiful wrap around porch with rockers that my husband and I really enjoyed. We were able to sit on the porch in the evening and just talk...and watch all the college kids go to parties at night.

The kitchen was a big bonus for our family because we could store all we needed in the fridge and save a couple of dollars by eating breakfast in the room. I even brought along the necessary ingredients for a couple of meals which saved on money, in some cases time, and gave us a little more quiet to wind down in.

I would absolutely recommend Heritage House Suites and look forward to staying there again whenever we return to Indiana. I would encourage those looking for a place to stay to do the same.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank hersheyfolks
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Everything about Heritage House was great except for the dust. The furniture in my room (the Study Suite) was dusty as well as the floors under the windows. I was afraid the furniture in the parlor may have also been dusty so I avoided the couches. I am very allergic to dust so that was my only complaint. The kitchen and bathrooms were very clean! Loved the coffee machines. The location with regards to uptown and campus are excellent. Katie (the property manager) was very nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2010

My mother and I stayed in the Study Suite with two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and a bathroom on my college visit to IUP. The location is great with convenient parking out back. The suite is beautifully decorated with high ceilings and historic furnishings. Beds were great, extremely comfortable! The only drawback were the single pane windows which didn't help with the college students' noise in the wee hours of the morning. If you are a light sleeper I suggest foam earplugs if you're staying while college is in session. That was the only issue we had. Paula, the owner, and Katie, the manager, were so helpful. Heritage House is a great place to stay and for a great price! When my parents come visit me next year at college, they'll definitely stay here!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Hilton Garden Inn Indiana at IUP
Hampton Inn Indiana
Hampton Inn Indiana
#1 of 7 in Indiana
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Punxsutawney

Been to Heritage House Suites? Share your experiences!