“Too Small”
Review of Days Inn Indiana

Days Inn Indiana
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Indiana for business but won't be staying here again in the future just because there are too many hotels to choose from, I'm going to try and find something nicer next time.

It was clean and the staff were very polite. But I have never stayed in a hotel room so small before! I had a king size bed and the room was for 2-3 people but I cannot imagine fitting more than myself in that room it was so extremely cramped, the bathroom sink wasn't even in the bathroom. I know that small rooms are sometimes typical but for this price I could have had a much more comfortable room somewhere else.

The only other complaint was that I was on the first floor right up near the front desk so my window was facing the signs and lighting outdoors, the curtains did little to keep the bright lights out. For anyone staying here I would suggest a room on the other side of the hotel not the side facing the road.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Meow Z stayed at this Comfort Inn because after reading a few of the newer reviews for this hotel, he was tempted.

Meow Z normally stays at the Quality Inn in Indiana, PA exclusively

Meow Z stayed here on Thankgiving Day 2012.

Meow Z would like to start by stating that he stayed at this hotel about two years ago and was shocked at what a horrible place this was. All the bad reviews of this hotel were pretty much accurate. It was a terrible!!!!

Since the "renovation" the hotel is greatly improved. The rooms were refurbished and in MUCH MUCH MUCH better condition. Meow Z always gets a jacuzzi suite and was pleased to find that those rooms were refurbished!! The Room Meow Z stayed in (Room 404) was at an acceptable level of clean. The Jacuzzi itself was clean and worked decently. This is a smoking room so the slight smell of smoke did not offend Meow Z. The bathroom could have been just a little cleaner. But all in all acceptable.

One thing Meow Z does not like about the hotel is the fact that they only have one vending area that is located in the lobby area of the hotel. Its a slight hassle to catch the elevator down to the lobby for a snack or a drink.

Meow Z did not partake of the Hot Breakfast Buffet. There is a Mcdonalds about 2 minutes from the hotel and Meow Z likes his Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit whilst on the road.

Meow Z briefly looked over the pool area. Acceptable, but nothing to get excited over......

Check in was a breeze and the attendant was helpfull and friendly.

Meow Z will return to this Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi rooms are in much better condition now....(November 2012) If you are comparing hotels...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank MEOWZEE
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my first time in Indiana, pa. The staff were very friendly and gave suggestions on where to go eat. The hotel was clean and I had a very pleasant stay. This was one of the nicest Comfort Inns I have been to. Great job staff I do plan on coming back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I don't usually stay in Comfort Inns, but everything else in town was booked. However the stay was just fine. The room was clean. The bed was nothing special, but it was just fine. The hot breakfast was adequate. The front desk staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: It appears that 1/2 of the 4th floor is the smoking section. The rooms in the other end of the hall...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was looking for a comfortable place to spend the night in Indiana PA as I had a business meeting the next day. The staff at this hotel were very polite and helpful, but this hotel was in dire need of a face lift and very dirty. In addition, the beds were awful, it seemed like I was sleeping on an old box or something. My room was very dirty and the hallways and elevator looked like they had not been cleaned in a while. I also checked out the pool and it wasn't something that I would dare go in. For the rates this hotel charges, I would definatly look at another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave J
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Overbooked, couldn't handle the crowd, no parking (literally none), guests very noisy with paper thin walls, police visited at least three times, noisy until at least 4am. The alarm clock, that we didn't set, went off at 5am with music at full blast. Free breakfast, except the space is WAY too small so we couldn't get in. Newer hotel, but doesn't look it or smell like it. Oh yeah and a really tiny bathroom.

I sent a detailed email the next day directly to the property with no response...

I'd avoid it for certain....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ericcschmidt
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a long weekend. The hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The front desk person gave us a dinner recommendation that was excellent. Another front desk person let us use the breakfast room to have a takeout supper on a different night. The morning breakfast was good, not great - powdered-tasting eggs and I did not like the coffee. But that's nitpicking. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Get a room with two doubles. We had a room with one king, and it was a bit on the small side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Quality Inn & Suites Indiana
Hilton Garden Inn Indiana at IUP
Park Inn by Radisson Indiana
Hampton Inn Indiana
Hampton Inn Indiana
#2 of 7 in Indiana
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge
Best Western Indiana Inn

Been to Days Inn Indiana? Share your experiences!